Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  superkaramba can't find kross components on plasma 5  (Read 2701 times)

jackyohh

Hi,

3 days ago i du from kde 4 to 5 (after purging libreoffice i couldn't get it back because of heavy dependency problems. so i thought, i have to go the hard way and du). 
now, oh big surprise, i have some neat bugs :D

so superkaramba can't find kross components, but i think i already installed all of them.

Code: [Select]
2 days ago i du$ dpkg -l | grep kross
ii  kross                                                   5.14.0-siduction1.4                    amd64        Multi-language application scripting.
ii  krosspython                                             4:15.08.1-siduction1.3                 amd64        Python module for Kross
ii  libkf5krosscore5:amd64                                  5.14.0-siduction1.4                    amd64        Multi-language application scripting.
ii  libkf5krossui5:amd64                                    5.14.0-siduction1.4                    amd64        Multi-language application scripting.
ii  libkrosscore4                                           4:4.14.12-siduction1.3.1               amd64        Kross Core Library
ii  libkrossui4     

did i forgot any packages or has debian still old  "kross" packages, that are not compatible with kde5?

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: superkaramba can't find kross components on plasma 5
« Reply #1 on: 2015/10/04, 11:54:50 »
Regarding kross, the two packages with a "4" in them do not match the others and are not in the depends list of kross. Otherwise, libcrosscore4 seems to be a dependency of superkaramba, which leads to the assumption that superkaramba got no progress towards KF5 for some time.
If you look at the debian package tracker you see removal of superkaramba in testing and unstable, and the reason for this is
------------------- Reason -------------------
ROM; Dead upstream, will not be ported to KF5
----------------------------------------------
For the moment, until further upstream you should consider superkaramba dead in sid.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #2 on: 2015/10/04, 18:56:24 »
ROM; Dead upstream, will not be ported to KF5

It's dead, Jim!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

jackyohh

« Reply #3 on: 2015/10/05, 00:05:37 »
OMG nooooo!!!!  :'( :'(
But it is almost working. I can even see my theme and no glitches so far, except some missing elements displayed by python code! Is there really no chance for a port?? i know it is old - damn old, but it is working and it is easy to customize.

i really dont know any good  replacement, or do u? Plasma widgets/Plasmoids are a big mess in my eyes. Almost all of them are ugly and a lot of them don't even work! I just want to install a simple plasmoid and it doesn't even appear in widget list. No error, nothing ....

tux

« Reply #4 on: 2015/10/05, 01:00:28 »
OMG nooooo!!!!  :'( :'(
But it is almost working. I can even see my theme and no glitches so far, except some missing elements displayed by python code! Is there really no chance for a port?? i know it is old - damn old, but it is working and it is easy to customize.
You can port it yourself if you want and if you can do this.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #5 on: 2015/10/05, 04:13:48 »
and maybe some testing/stable packages can help - but i'm not sure what they desdestroy
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

jackyohh

« Reply #6 on: 2015/10/05, 18:55:06 »
i really want to port superkaramba, but i have no clue how.

IMHO kde team should integrate superkaramba or make something similar to create lightwight widgets.   ... it is worth thinking about it :/
for a little plasmoid widget, displaying only some stats,  good programming skills and knowledge about useful libraries are needed.
to make superkaramba widgets u only need  some examples and a little experience in editing "html like" code.

using stable/testing packages are worth a try but it is only a matter of time running into dependency problems. if they really kicked out superkaramba it is only a matter of time i will have the same problems in near future :(

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2015/10/05, 22:19:44 »
I think the qml feature is similar and successor of superkaramba.
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing