Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] firestarter_32_bit_lxde.ISO screensaver eats cursor  (Read 4512 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] firestarter_32_bit_lxde.ISO screensaver eats cursor
« on: 2014/10/18, 21:24:09 »
I'm aware it's way too late for thsi bug report, so I file it for the record in the hope you have an eye on it with the next release:

I use the firestarter lxde live iso for coping around partitions. This may take time ... and the scrensaver jumps in if you do nothing else, the screen goes black. After a new action, the desktop comes baack again, even the mouse, except you can't see it because the cursor doesn't appear.

Maybe it is worth to test this bug with the new lxde release which most likly will be a lxqt release and thus the codebase will have changed.

BTW:
someone knows how to re-initialize the mouse/cursor (yeah, reboot, great, any other idea?)?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline absolut

• User
Re: firestarter_32_bit_lxde.ISO screensaver eats cursor
« Reply #1 on: 2014/10/19, 20:10:56 »
re-init mouse:
unplug and plug in the usb connector

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/10/19, 22:08:35 »
re-init mouse:
unplug and plug in the usb connector
Thanks, but this does not give back the cursor. Not even exit and login does give it back.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/10/20, 11:43:25 »
are there any errors in the Xorg.0.log or dmesg that can help us dig into the issue?

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2014/10/21, 23:38:08 »
I booted the iso from hd, and openex a terminal while in X. I issued "dmesg" and "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log" and waited until the screensaver jumped in. Then I blindly clicked around to find the terminal and then repeted both commands. Nothing new in there.

You don't have the curson being eaten by the screensaver when you boot lxde_firestarter_32?