Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] (solved) moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!  (Read 7361 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
Does anybody knew how to solve this? Neither deleteing ~/.moc nor --reinstall does solve the problem.
Of course it is the current sid moc version.
« Last Edit: 2014/07/31, 14:52:10 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Have you tried

Code: [Select]
rm -rf ~/.moc/cache
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaa7

• User
Yes, now explicitly, but it should have been removd already before when executing "rm ~/.moc"

Still the same error.

What I did today was:

Open moc (mocp)
trying to play a *.mp4, but my mp4_s weren't shown (as they use to be). But I could play mp3_s.
I noticed moc-ffmpeg-plugin was missing and installed it ->
*.mp4 files were shown but there was an error, something like ..couldn't initiate sent() on server or the like.
I reinstalled moc and moc-ffmpeg-plugin and rebooted.
*.mp4 files still shown, but now a different error, no matter what files (mp3 or mp4) I try to play:
FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
Are you using pulse or alsa ?
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline piper

• User
This bug  #546361is from 2009, I see a lot of people still have the problem, some fix it by deleting cache, others uninstall jack, others get rid of pulse audio

The bug is marked as fixed

Bug#546361: mocp -- FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server

Offline michaa7

• User
alsa. Moc should not have problems as it tests at startup for alsa and jack (not for pulse, though. Always worked.

May there be an incompatibility between Debian and DMO packages, here moc comes from debian, ffmpeg from DMO? What's your melange?

Maybe I better file a bugreport, given my footer ;-)

Done.
« Last Edit: 2014/07/21, 21:50:08 by michaa7 »

Offline piper

• User
I've used dmo for over a decade, never a problem, should file the bug at dmo and not debian, unless you want to hear some $hit ;)

Offline michaa7

• User
I've used dmo for over a decade, never a problem, should file the bug at dmo and not debian, unless you want to hear some $hit ;)

Too late ;-) . But I will see how to file a bug to DMO and then see what to add to Debian.bug.list

Offline michaa7

• User
piper, do you have installed both, ffmpeg and libav-tools?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Moc works fine here. PulseAudio and all packages from Sid.

greetz
devil

Offline piper

• User
Re: moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!
« Reply #10 on: 2014/07/22, 12:22:09 »
Quote from: michaa7
piper, do you have installed both, ffmpeg and libav-tools?
Yes, both are at 10:2.3-dmo2

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
« Reply #11 on: 2014/07/22, 13:22:56 »
@michaa7
what happens when you purge the ffmpeg plugin?
Do you get the same error?

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #12 on: 2014/07/22, 15:14:54 »
@michaa7
what happens when you purge the ffmpeg plugin?
Do you get the same error?

I do not understand this proposal as by definition moc cannot play mp4 without moc-ffmpeg-plugin.

@ devil

This is strange, because on a rqt-siduction live cd (ISO-boot from hd) it doesn't work either.

moc-ffmpeg-plugin is missing on this release, so first moc can't see mp4, and after installing moc-ffmpeg-plugin (which updates moc and other packages) moc sees mp4_s but still can't play them. I can't dist-upgrade the whole live system with only 1GB of Ram, I assume. But from these tests it seems obvious there is a problem even if DMO isn't activated.

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
« Reply #13 on: 2014/07/22, 15:29:14 »
I do not understand this proposal as by definition moc cannot play mp4 without moc-ffmpeg-plugin.
I know that.
But i think its a bug in that plugin or ffmpeg, not in moc, go to the moc homepage and read there carefully.

Btw. you can try that, so you can play mp3 again

Code: [Select]
mocp -O "PreferredDecoders+=mp3(mp3)"

Ah, i also tried that plugin, and moc crashes, only ogg files work.
Purgin that plugin moc works good for me again, and if i wanna play a mp4video formated file in a musik on the console player i convert it to an mp3 audio file,

Greetz

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #14 on: 2014/07/22, 15:35:07 »
...and if i wanna play a mp4video formated file in a musik on the console player i convert it to an mp3 audio file,

This is exactly what I want to avoid. And it used to work flawless.

But you are right in that purging moc-ffmpeg-plugin re-enables moc to play mp3.
« Last Edit: 2014/07/22, 15:44:31 by michaa7 »