Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Warning new siduction-settings in work (needs testing help )  (Read 3290 times)

Offline convbsd

• User
Hi,

Starting with siduction-settings 2013.06.31.1 siduction settings are in work, so some bugs exists there. Before doing d-u you should put them on hold until new version will be ready.

New siduction-settings should behave like this:

1) No errors when build an iso and of course iso should be functional

2) It must add new flavour settings in installed mode if user has already in same install another flavour currently used.
Example:
If I use gnome and want to install also kde I must add kde packages and kde-settings. Siduction-kde-settings in that case should add kde specific settings without affecting gnome settings and when starting in init5 I should have both:
gnome and kde with siduction specific settings.

3) If a user in installed mode do a d-u new siduction-settings should not override settings for already exisiting users. It just needs to make available new settings for possible new users.

4) When doing a d-u if are more then one desktop environments are installed  it should prompt user to change/chose default Session.
Example: If I have as michaa7 fluxbox as default session and I have also xfce, then  siduction-settings-xfce should prompt if you want to change fluxbox session to xfce session.

5} If siduction-settings-flavour are installed over nox + xorg packages + flavour packages then siduction-settings-flavour ( if exists) must add flavour settings for exisitng users.
Example:
I have installed nox + xorg and xfce packages. If I add also siduction-settings-xfce I should have an xfce environment with siduction xfce settings.

Since siduction-settings will be a complex package it needs testing.

Please help us testing when new version will be available.

Meanwhile please put on hold any siduction-settings package.

Thank you.

Offline michaa7

• User
Warning new siduction-settings in work (needs testing help )
« Reply #1 on: 2013/07/03, 15:37:02 »
Thanks for this thorough heads up!
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/07/04, 15:10:17 »
4) When doing a d-u if are more then one desktop environments are installed it should prompt user to change/chose default Session.

Why? Couldn't you leave the default setting untouched?
Otherwise in future people with more than one DE will be asked for every DE during every update.

Is it likely that users want to change their DE due to an update of siduction-whatever-DE-settings?

Thanks.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #3 on: 2013/07/04, 15:19:04 »
I have several desktop environments installed: KDE as main und default environment, but also Razor Qt when I need something quick on the fly.

I just d-u'ed and suddenly all user logins are set to Razor Qt no matter which desktop was default before. This shouldn't happen, user settings shouldn't be touched. It is a nice idea to let Razor Qt installation ask for the desired windowmanager - but please only the first time after installation of Razor Qt and not in existing installations - and of course not when the default DE is something else.
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu

Offline convbsd

• User
RE: Warning new siduction-settings in work (needs testing he
« Reply #4 on: 2013/07/04, 22:30:26 »
Hi,
So, you suggest that it should ask for changing default DE only when installing that DE first time. It seems resonably.
Thank you for your's ideas feedback.