Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  poweroff / plymouth  (Read 2521 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
poweroff / plymouth
« on: 2014/12/24, 00:42:01 »
<pre-xmas-rant>
If one use plymouth with siduction (for what reason ever, crypto etc) and the machine behave strange, please don't ask here for help, the only answer will be: PURGE THIS FUGLY SHIT!

Really, flood the debian and ubuntu bug tracker with any meaningful and -less bug reports, but don't ask here, we are not interested in and not willing to do anything else as strongly suggest purging. The DD in charge is vorlon aka Steve Langasek, long term debian developer, ubuntu release manager and the only person on earth who believe that plymouth does everything right.
</rant>

Disclaimer: It may be that i'm a little bit biased, but plymouth was the main reason (among the state of mdadm and other packages) to leave ubuntu. Please help hinder the ubunteros to put their crap into debian. Thanks.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

DeKa

Re: poweroff / plymouth
« Reply #1 on: 2014/12/24, 09:27:25 »
Hi @melmarker,

merry and peaceful Christmas for you!  ;)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: poweroff / plymouth
« Reply #2 on: 2014/12/24, 14:06:20 »
@DeKa: merry Chrismas for you too - i've ranted a little bit in #debian-systemd too, but they don't want to hear any problems without bugreport and/or more informations or patches right now :) - Unfortunally i have no clue and nothing helpful in the logs, so it was only a rant. I have no time to play any further games with plymouth right now, but i will try it again after xmas.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)