Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] SolydXK new release  (Read 3406 times)

belze

[EN] SolydXK new release
« on: 2015/01/31, 16:59:06 »
I know this community is more focused on sid's mindset, but don't miss this update!
I'm using daily since months and i found it very nice. Some of you already use it i guess.
http://solydxk.com/downloads/solydk/
http://solydxk.com/ready-for-the-transition-and-new-isos/

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: SolydXK new release
« Reply #1 on: 2015/01/31, 18:52:10 »
have fun wit qtcurve - esp. if you are working with inkscape often - beside of that solydk is fine
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

belze

« Reply #2 on: 2015/01/31, 18:58:33 »
this is the first thing i disabled. And icon theme too. Just a matter of few clicks. I change them in siduction too, this is not what i look for in great distro, as both siduction and solyd are.
cheers

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2015/01/31, 20:19:09 »
the icon theme is a matter of personal taste - and may be only hurt in $users eyes - the kde-engines, esp. the gtk engines are a little bit different. They can really do harm. So we dropped qtcurve and oxygen long ago after a lot of testing and debugging.

The result may no look so fancy, but works reliable - and $user can change these things to whatever $user want. (Ok - i will never ever support stability problems if qtcurve or oxygen are running - but thats a complete different story)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

belze

« Reply #4 on: 2015/01/31, 20:21:37 »
the icon theme is a matter of personal taste - and may be only hurt in $users eyes - the kde-engines, esp. the gtk engines are a little bit different. They can really do harm. So we dropped qtcurve and oxygen long ago after a lot of testing and debugging.

The result may no look so fancy, but works reliable - and $user can change these things to whatever $user want. (Ok - i will never ever support stability problems if qtcurve or oxygen are running - but thats a complete different story)
;) i feel the same