Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Siduction with other languages  (Read 1962 times)

akorx

[EN] Siduction with other languages
« on: 2015/01/17, 11:06:38 »
Hi guys,

I 'm going to install siduction (with xfce) on my laptop but before I've got a question : is there a way to have siduction in french or is there only english and german language ?

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm french  :P .
« Last Edit: 2015/01/17, 11:16:12 by akorx »

Offline ayla

• User
Re: Siduction with other languages
« Reply #1 on: 2015/01/17, 11:30:38 »
You may hit "F2" on boot screen. There you can choose language and keyboard settings.

greets
ayla

akorx

« Reply #2 on: 2015/01/17, 11:59:00 »
Thank you for your answer Ayla but i don't want to speak about the language during the installation but after  when the OS will be install.

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2015/01/17, 12:18:09 »
"F2" will tell the installer to use the choosen language for the installed system also. So you will have a french konsole/desktop "layout" on your installed system after, as long as supported by the installed apps.

akorx

« Reply #4 on: 2015/01/17, 12:57:40 »
OK thank you for your help !!! I've tried siduction on a USB flash drive with xfce and I think that it will be  my new OS (I come from LMDE but the project seems to be freeze because they are working only on Mint based on Ubuntu).

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
« Reply #5 on: 2015/01/17, 13:23:17 »
hello akorx,

please be careful when using the live system. Not only your chosen language will be transfered to the installed system. You can also install packages into the live system as usual (with apt-get update; apt-get install »package«) and theese modifications will also appear in the installed system.

"What you see is what you get" - the installer really moves the current state including the user settings, only some clean-up happens e.g. browser cache is cleared and some "siduction-live"-packages get removed.

greetings
musca
„Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.“  (Goethe, Faust)