Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Is there a list of packages that come by default in the latest ISO?  (Read 11262 times)

David

I'm thinking that siduction.org should maintain
1) the list of packages that come with the ISO, a complete list (I looked around and I couldn't find one, am I an idiot?)
2) the list of packages that are upgraded with apt full-upgrade no matter what because they are part of the core of the distro (I also couldn't find this. Again, maybe i'm just an idiot and it already exists, but I couldn't find it)

Since piper and a few others talked about it, I thought i'd try taking a look at what packages are in the distro and critiquing them for installation footprint and functionality.

If these lists don't exist, i'm going to install siduction from an ISO onto a virtual machine and check out what packages are in it myself

David

I am an idiot. Here is a list of packages in the most recent ISO on the vienna mirror (latest version is from april 2018)
https://siduction.office-vienna.at/iso/patience/lxde/amd64_2018-05-13_21-33/siduction-18.3.0-patience-lxde-amd64-201805132133.amd64.manifest

David

I still can't find a list of all packages that get forcefully upgraded by apt full-upgrade no matter what because they're part of the distro though

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
What do you mean by 'forcefully upgraded'?

David

The ones that come back when I do apt full-upgrade even if I removed them previously, because they're part of the distro upgrade.

Those ones.

« Last Edit: 2019/02/23, 02:30:40 by piper »

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
I have no clue what your talking about, give examples

What package did you remove that came back on a apt full-upgrade ?
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

David

I remember once Audacious came back even after I apt removed it when I got VLC, although it later broke again and since it has never come back.

There have been other times but I thought it was common so I thought nothing of it.

is this not the normal behavior, that there are a set of "core" packages that get upgraded no matter what to the latest version with apt full-upgrade?

Offline piper

• User
Once you purge a package, it's gone, unless you install another package that depends on that package that you purged.

Using sid you should know this things

This is also not the case between audacious and vlc

Code: [Select]
apt rdepends vlc
vlc
Reverse Depends:
  Conflicts: vlc-plugin-qt
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-visualization
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-video-splitter
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-video-output
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-svg
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-skins2
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-samba
  Replaces: vlc-plugin-qt
  Breaks: libvlccore9
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-notify
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-jack
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-fluidsynth
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-access-extra
  Breaks: vlc-plugin-qt (<< 3.0.0-1~)
  Recommends: obs-plugins
  Depends: freetuxtv
  Depends: devede
 |Depends: smtube
 |Suggests: vokoscreen
  Depends: vlc-plugin-vlsub (>= 2.2.0~)
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-bittorrent
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-visualization
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-video-splitter
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-video-output
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-svg
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-skins2
  Replaces: vlc-plugin-skins2 (<< 3.0.0-1~)
  Breaks: vlc-plugin-skins2 (<< 3.0.0-1~)
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-samba
  Replaces: vlc-plugin-qt (<< 3.0.0-1~)
  Depends: cinnamon-desktop-environment
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-notify
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-jack
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-fluidsynth
  Enhances: vlc-plugin-access-extra
 |Suggests: tunapie
  Suggests: streamtuner2
 |Recommends: streamlink
 |Depends: smtube
 |Recommends: python3-mecavideo
 |Recommends: python-mecavideo
  Suggests: playerctl
 |Recommends: pidgin-mpris
  Recommends: obs-plugins
 |Recommends: mediathekview
 |Recommends: lxde
 |Suggests: gaupol
  Depends: freetuxtv
  Depends: forensics-extra-gui
  Recommends: ezgo-multimedia
 |Recommends: emms
  Recommends: multimedia-players
  Suggests: multimedia-broadcasting
  Recommends: junior-video
  Suggests: education-desktop-other

apt install vlc -s
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libaribb24-0 libaribb25-0 libbasicusageenvironment1 libcddb2 libdav1d0 libdsm3 libdvbpsi10 libebml4v5 libgroupsock8 libixml10 liblivemedia65
  libmatroska6v5 libmicrodns0 libplacebo2 libprotobuf-lite17 libsdl-image1.2 libupnp13 libusageenvironment3 libva-wayland2 libvlc-bin libxcb-xv0 vlc-bin
  vlc-data vlc-l10n vlc-plugin-base vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-qt vlc-plugin-samba vlc-plugin-skins2 vlc-plugin-video-output vlc-plugin-video-splitter
  vlc-plugin-visualization
Suggested packages:
  libdvdcss2
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libaribb24-0 libaribb25-0 libbasicusageenvironment1 libcddb2 libdav1d0 libdsm3 libdvbpsi10 libebml4v5 libgroupsock8 libixml10 liblivemedia65
  libmatroska6v5 libmicrodns0 libplacebo2 libprotobuf-lite17 libsdl-image1.2 libupnp13 libusageenvironment3 libva-wayland2 libvlc-bin libxcb-xv0 vlc
  vlc-bin vlc-data vlc-l10n vlc-plugin-base vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-qt vlc-plugin-samba vlc-plugin-skins2 vlc-plugin-video-output
  vlc-plugin-video-splitter vlc-plugin-visualization

apt rdepends audacious
audacious
Reverse Depends:
  Breaks: audacious-plugins (<< 2.4.3)
  Suggests: mp3splt-gtk
  Replaces: audacious-plugins (<< 2.4.3)
  Recommends: audacious-plugins (>= 2.4.3)
  Recommends: xfe (>> 2.3-1)
 |Recommends: lxqt
  Depends: wmauda (>= 3.5)
  Breaks: audacious-plugins (<< 3.10.1)
  Suggests: tunapie
  Suggests: streamtuner2
  Suggests: playerctl
  Recommends: pidgin-mpris
  Recommends: pidgin-audacious
  Suggests: mp3splt-gtk
 |Recommends: lxqt
  Recommends: lxde
 |Recommends: gjay
 |Recommends: fvwm-crystal
  Recommends: ezgo-multimedia
  Recommends: multimedia-players
  Recommends: junior-sound
  Recommends: education-music
  Suggests: conky-std
  Suggests: conky-all
 |Suggests: cairo-dock-musicplayer-plug-in
  Depends: audtty
  Recommends: audacious-plugins (>= 3.10.1)

apt install audacious -s
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  audacious-plugins audacious-plugins-data libadplug-2.2.1-0v5 libaudcore5 libaudgui5 libaudtag3 libbinio1v5 libcddb2 libcue2 libsidplayfp4
Suggested packages:
  adplug-utils sidplayfp
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  audacious audacious-plugins audacious-plugins-data libadplug-2.2.1-0v5 libaudcore5 libaudgui5 libaudtag3 libbinio1v5 libcddb2 libcue2 libsidplayfp4

What are these "core" packages that you keep talking about ?
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline piper

• User
I am also coming to that conclusion that you might want to use ubuntu/mint until you get a grasp on the basics of linux

David

oy vey that's an insult

i'll have you know I know linux well enough to get by and I intend to continue using siduction as I have been for the past few years

I'd sooner be caught dead than using a lame-ass excuse of an operating system like Ubuntu, which has spyware like windows.

I do programming on this distro (mostly C and C++)

Now, I may not know everything there is to know about apt and versioning and etc. with particular distros, and you probably know a lot more than I do, but just because there's things I don't know doesn't mean I am automatically an idiot.

Offline piper

• User
Quote from: David

I would love to see some of your work, not examples from the internet

Because of what you have shown us here on the forum, you need help flushing the toilet, and I am being nice here.

Offline tommy2

• User
Thought Hanisch left a long time ago???

Offline piper

• User
Quote from: tommy2
Thought Hanisch left a long time ago???

höhchstwahrscheinlich  :P

David

Quote from: David

I would love to see some of your work, not examples from the internet

Because of what you have shown us here on the forum, you need help flushing the toilet, and I am being nice here.

Keep in mind that siduction is the first time I've run linux for an extended period of time (Since september of 2018!) and I've been using windows since I was just 6 years old. I've lived the majority of my life on windows, so must of what i'm used to is GUI-based stuff that's extremely stable and (usually) a little more user friendly.

Yeah, I'm pretty noobish when it comes to being a sid user, but you guys have always been here to help and apart from some misunderstandings here and there it's been pretty good. You guys are usually pretty nice.

It's no secret that the package organization system is large, complicated, and confusing with many caveats that only a seasoned veteran such as yourself would know. I didn't know until recently, for instance, that synaptic was anything more than just a wrapper for apt and I didn't know it could break your system.

In terms of my work...
I have a repository where I keep my OpenGL based rendering engine, which is my pet project right now. Do you want to see that? I'm in the process of cleaning up the code base and adding the last few features in. Benchmarking is also very important, regular performance improvements, and I believe i'm on the verge of inventing a new estimation method for PHONG lighting which could theoretically improve performance threefold.

« Last Edit: 2019/03/02, 18:13:47 by David »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
ok - all normal distributons have a file created at build process with the used packages - it's called manifest or sources. we have both:

http://ftp.spline.de/pub/siduction/iso/patience/gnome/amd64_2018-05-13_21-10/siduction-18.3.0-patience-gnome-amd64-201805132110.amd64.manifest
http://ftp.spline.de/pub/siduction/iso/patience/gnome/amd64_2018-05-13_21-10/siduction-18.3.0-patience-gnome-amd64-201805132110.sources

keep in mind that this is only an example - every flavour on every mirror has these files.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)