Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Has anyone moved over to LXQT from XFCE? What do you think?  (Read 3869 times)

viniosity

I'm debating whether to replace xfce with lxqt but would like to hear if anyone's tried this and, if so, how they feel lxqt is compared to their xfce setup?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Has anyone moved over to LXQT from XFCE? What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: 2014/08/24, 01:27:40 »
why should one do so - the best way to test lxqt is the usage of our dev-release.

maybe a good idea is just to install the lxqt packages (qt4 or qt5) - but to be true, i would wait until the 0.8 is released and basicly tested. in that case i think i would use the Qt 5 Packages. But thats only my personal opinion and has nothing to do with beeing part of the LXQt Team 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

hagensieker

Re: Has anyone moved over to LXQT from XFCE? What do you think?
« Reply #2 on: 2014/08/29, 07:14:42 »
This is my first post here.  I just discovered LXQT from some Linux Mags.  I installed it over an Arch Distro on a Cubox -i4 recently and yesterday downloaded Siduction to make sure I built up LXQT somewhat correctly as I had a couple issues.

Boy do I like the implementation of LXQT on Siduction.  I'm a long time user of LXDE (when I have an underpowered or older computer).  At first I felt LXQT was a bit buggy although I feel it was my build over Arch.  I went back and recompiled a couple packages and now I'm pretty happy.

Someone gave me an old laptop yesterday and I've been playing with Siduction and LXQT so far.  I like it.  It's an older Core 2 Intel Duo 1.8 Ghz. with 3 GB of Ram and it seems pretty zippy on this older hardware.

I think LXQT might be the future in lightweight desktops.  In my opinion the only ones I liked before were LXDE and XFCE.