Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  d-u RC1 amd64/KDE  (Read 4069 times)

Offline ayla

• User
d-u RC1 amd64/KDE
« on: 2013/12/28, 14:37:50 »
Code: [Select]
Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../siduction-live-settings-common-december_2013.12.28_all.deb ...
############################################################
Installing this package is dangerous and not supported!
Aborting installation.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /var/cache/apt/archives/siduction-live-settings-common-december_2013.12.28_all.deb (--unpack):
 Unterprozess neues pre-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück

Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../siduction-live-settings-kde-december_2013.12.28_all.deb ...
Installing this package is dangerous and not supported!
Aborting installation.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /var/cache/apt/archives/siduction-live-settings-kde-december_2013.12.28_all.deb (--unpack):
 Unterprozess neues pre-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück

About five or six apt-get -f install and again apt-get dist-upgrade in between were neccesary to complete the d-u.
Of course without installing the above packages.

Code: [Select]
apt-cache policy siduction-live-settings-common-december
siduction-live-settings-common-december:
  Installiert:           2013.12.21.2
  Installationskandidat: 2013.12.28
  Versionstabelle:
     2013.12.28 0
        500 http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/siduction/base/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
 *** 2013.12.21.2 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

greets
ayla

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: d-u RC1 amd64/KDE
« Reply #1 on: 2013/12/28, 15:13:53 »
it's a bug, nice finding - You can purge this package, it makes no sense in a installed system
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/12/28, 15:22:29 »
Then I posted in the wrong section, I guess.
apt-get purge siduction-live-settings-common-december
purges both packages.

greets
ayla

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2013/12/28, 15:31:34 »
the only question is: where did this packages come from? They shouldn't be installed after installer is finished. Tested this with a current iso - works :)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2013/12/28, 15:43:12 »
I've really no idea, installation process went normal...

Putting the apt-logs online:
history.log
http://paste.siduction.org/20131228144044
term.log
http://paste.siduction.org/20131228144156

and dpkg.log:
http://paste.siduction.org/20131228145115

greets
ayla
« Last Edit: 2013/12/28, 15:51:40 by ayla »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #5 on: 2013/12/28, 18:38:26 »
Sach mal, hast Du zufällig mit dem cli-installer installiert? Das würde viel erklären und dann müsste ich nicht mehr an meinem Verstand zweifeln :)

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2013/12/28, 18:50:26 »
Nope.

with dd iso to usb stick -> "deutsch" in grub menu -> then starting the installer via the icon on desktop and proceeding as ev'rytime.
No issues, installer finished with "succes".

I will do another testinstall with the same image on another partiton and report back. Takes a while because smart is checking my disk at the moment.

greets
ayla

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2013/12/28, 21:17:02 »
so, back.

tried two installs. Got to different messages from the installer:

http://paste.siduction.org/20131228195144

I don't THINK I've got the second one during the installation of the system where I got the above message on d-u, but it may explain how this could happen.

Only difference between the two attempts were: On the second one I got back in the installer to enable the formatting of the /-partition, which I didnt checked because I formatted with gparted before, but installer stopped with message "formatting of root-partition failed" or something like that.

I can't check d-u (or anything else) at the moment because systemd is somewhat unhappy and  does not boot my test install.
Systemd [1] job setserial.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
After that I get the choice to login as root or typeCNTR+d to continue.

Login and check log is telling me that systemd is checking disks by uuids with no succes which are not in fstab -and not present in the system (/dev/disk-by-uuid) when I check from the running one. It does it on both install attempts.
Even when I comment out in fstab evrything except / and /home it's checking every partition on the system, replacing timestamp and whatever it does.

CNTL+d let it work a while and then offers again to log in or type CNTRL+D...

hmpf... trying to find out what's going wrong now...

greets
ayla

EDIT:

How can this happen?? The uuids systemd is trying to check are the former uuids from a disk I partitioned new before installing the system which tries to check it!!
« Last Edit: 2013/12/28, 21:30:18 by ayla »

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2013/12/28, 22:45:47 »
OK, Icould not find out where this old uuids came from. I decided for a complete new start, formatted the HD again, made the image on the Stick new with dd and now the Installation went well.

But:

LANG=C apt-get dist-upgrade -d
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libntdb1 sharpdot-cursor-theme
The following packages will be upgraded:
  adequate anacron avahi-daemon debhelper gdisk
  gfxboot-themes-siduction-december-kde
  gfxboot-themes-siduction-december-kde-core gparted gzip imagemagick
  imagemagick-common init-system-helpers initscripts libavahi-client3
  libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libavahi-core7 libavahi-glib1
  libclass-methodmaker-perl libdebian-installer-extra4 libdebian-installer4
  libdjvulibre21 libestr0 libfreetype6 libgcrypt11 libgnutls28
  libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0 libgstreamer1.0-0 libicu52 libimlib2 libksba8
  libmagickcore5 libmagickwand5 libmediastreamer-base3 libmouse-perl
  libntrack-qt4-1 libntrack0 libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-contrib2.4
  libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4 libopencv-flann2.4
  libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4 libopencv-legacy2.4
  libopencv-ml2.4 libopencv-objdetect2.4 libopencv-video2.4 libortp9 libpci3
  librdf0 libsmbclient libssl1.0.0 libtiff5 libwbclient0 libxcb-composite0
  libxcb-damage0 libxcb-dri2-0 libxcb-glx0 libxcb-randr0 libxcb-render0
  libxcb-shape0 libxcb-shm0 libxcb-xfixes0 libxcb-xv0 libxcb1
  ntrack-module-libnl-0 openssh-client openssh-server openssl pciutils
  pppoeconf python-pkg-resources samba-common samba-libs sidu-base
  sidu-disk-center sidu-installer siduction-art-kde-december
  siduction-art-kdm-december siduction-art-ksplash-december
  siduction-art-wallpaper-december siduction-live-settings-common-december
  siduction-live-settings-kde-december siduction-settings-kde-december
  siduction-settings-lightdm-december sysv-rc sysvinit-utils tzdata whois
  x11-common x11-session-utils x11-xfs-utils x11-xkb-utils xfonts-utils
  xkb-data xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-input-all
98 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 55.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 1410 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Apt likes to update the mentioned packages. The Installers log is looking as the first one on the above siduction-paste. No "is not installed and will not be removed" and so on.

Going now to init 3 and running the d-u, Editing this post after.

EDIT:

Same as mentioned in my first post. D-u stops with the same error messages. purging the two packages then succeds. Running apt-get distupgrade again, after, finishes the d-u.

Sorry melmarker, no better message available.

Greets
ayla
« Last Edit: 2013/12/28, 22:57:39 by ayla »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #9 on: 2013/12/29, 01:43:24 »
hi, my apologies - it was our fault :)
Wir haben das mit den live-Paketen zu spät gemerkt und erst nach dem Release der rc1 gefixt - das erklärt dann natürlich auch dieses "komische" Verhalten, ich hatte das nur zeitlich falsch einsortiert. Grund war wieder einmal eine Umstellung, die auf versionierte Settings-Pakete. Schön drüber gesprochen zu haben, in der Final ist es richtig. Danke für die Hartnäckigkeit.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #10 on: 2013/12/29, 19:20:30 »
I don't have this problem on my build, not sure when it was changed or am I missing something

Desktop: KDE 4.11.4 Distro: siduction 13.2.rc1 December - kde - (20131224165/quote][

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree     
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-common-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-common*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-common-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-common*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-common' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-common*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-gnome' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-gnome*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-gnome-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-gnome*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-gnome-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-gnome*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-kde-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-kde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-kde' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-kde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-kde-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-kde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-lxde-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-lxde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-lxde' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-lxde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-lxde-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-lxde*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-nox-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-nox*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-nox-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-nox*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-nox' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-nox*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-rqt' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-rqt*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-rqt-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-rqt*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-rqt-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-rqt*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-xfce-whiteroom' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-xfce*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-xfce-december' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-xfce*'
Note, selecting 'siduction-live-settings-xfce' for regex 'siduction-live-settings-xfce*'
Package 'nbd-client' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'cli-installer' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'fll-installer' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'fll-live-utils' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'fll-live-xorgconfig' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'setpassword' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'sidu-installer' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-cinnamon-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-common' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-common-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-common-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-gnome' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-gnome-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-gnome-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-kde' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-kde-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-kde-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-lxde' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-lxde-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-lxde-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-nox' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-nox-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-nox-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-rqt' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-rqt-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-rqt-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-xfce' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-xfce-december' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'siduction-live-settings-xfce-whiteroom' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'sshstart' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2013/12/29, 19:58:32 »

Desktop: KDE 4.11.4 (Qt 4.8.6) Distro: siduction 13.2.rc1 December - kde - (201312222013)
I got the iso from the mirror, where it's still up:
http://ftp.spline.de/mirrors/siduction/iso/december/kde/amd64_2013-12-22_20-13/

greets
ayla

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #12 on: 2013/12/29, 21:18:49 »
ok - that was deep black vodoo, we rewrite the deletion routine, now it works ok