Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] [SOLVED] Public Keys for Main and Mirror Sites  (Read 3707 times)

KrunchTime

[EN] [SOLVED] Public Keys for Main and Mirror Sites
« on: 2015/05/12, 14:18:33 »
I decided to use Debian NetInstall to create a Siduction IndianSummer on one of my laptop partitions.  How does one obtain the public keys for the main and mirror sites?  I only need the key for the University of Delaware site, but referencing the keys for all sites would probably be beneficial for other users.
« Last Edit: 2015/05/12, 21:02:04 by KrunchTime »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Public Keys for Main and Mirror Sites
« Reply #1 on: 2015/05/12, 14:23:49 »
KrunchTime: you cant create a siduction indian summer via debootstrap or netinstall - you will miss some settings. beside that you can use apt-get or dpkg and install the siduction-archive-key. The result will be more or less siduction like.

If you want a indian summer with current packages  - thats easy, use pyfll and roast your own image.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
« Reply #2 on: 2015/05/12, 14:45:34 »
Hello KrunchTime,

siduction has a basic flavour for such experiments:  "xorg" provides fluxbox with a minimal set of graphical apps and settings (the "nox" flavour is even more reduced and only provides a commandline interface).

After initial install you can go ahead and use addpkg to grab one of our packagelists directly from our git repo and install them automatically with apt-get. This method depends on the actual state of the repos (of course) and at any given time unexpected breakage may appear. So have fun and good luck!

greetings
musca
β€žEs irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.β€œ  (Goethe, Faust)

KrunchTime

« Reply #3 on: 2015/05/12, 20:54:46 »
@melmarker:  Thank you for the info.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but should it be siduction-archive-keyring?  I see that in synaptic, but siduction-archive-key using aptitiude show didn't return anything.  Also, without the key, wouldn't I have been unable to obtain the key package from the Siduction repos?

@musca:  Thank you for your reply.  I've briefly played around with Xorg IndianSummer via a live USB and in a virtual machine, so I was familiar with it's minimalism.  I'm an openbox fanboy (bottle fed by CrunchBang).  ;D

In any case, I forget that I had copied the /etc/apt  and part of the /usr/share folders from the IndianSummer VM I have on my other computer.  I was able to obtain the Siduction repo archives public key from those folders.

I now have a partition setup similar to CrunchBang without some of the custom scripts and theming.  I'm going to get some of the custom scripts and add those later, maybe today.  My next task will be to compare the packages from my install with the Xorg IndianSummer manifest to see what packages I'm missing and whether to install them.

Then again, one of the main reasons I've installed Siduction on my ASUS UX303LA Zenbook is to see if I can get wireless to work.  The airplane feature (F2 key lit up) is constantly on and cannot be turned off without using a recent kernel, which Debian Unstable has, and a boot option according to the Arch Wiki.
« Last Edit: 2015/05/12, 21:02:33 by KrunchTime »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: [SOLVED] Public Keys for Main and Mirror Sites
« Reply #4 on: 2015/05/13, 00:47:25 »
@KrunchTime: pyfll might be a sufficient tool to build a #!-like image :) Only a hint, i read somewhere that some people try things with remastersys or so.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

KrunchTime

Re: [SOLVED] Public Keys for Main and Mirror Sites
« Reply #5 on: 2015/05/17, 03:23:28 »
Rebel yell!!! Wireless works using kernel 4.0.0-1-amd64.  I also learned that the airplane feature key (F2) being lit means nothing.  It's still lit constantly, but wireless is working.  I'm so happy.  Now I can take my laptop anywhere and use it.

20150517-01 edit:  I've compared my instance of Debian Unstable with the Siduction Xorg IndianSummer manifest and I'm not seeing anything to convince me to install much from the Siduction repos.  I did install the kernel-remover package and the repo key, but that's it.  I'm sold on Debian NetInstalls.  They're great as long as you have a road map for what you want to end up with.
« Last Edit: 2015/05/17, 10:11:06 by KrunchTime »