Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Post Install problem(Solved)  (Read 2642 times)

Ducky

[EN] Post Install problem(Solved)
« on: 2016/01/25, 11:40:04 »
Hi, I recently installed Siduction, install went nice a smooth and I'm using Siduction with no real problems but I have installed it on my fathers old laptop and I would like to add new user just in case I have to give it back at some stage, I'm only using it because I need windows for college. I can't find where I add new user,  if somebody would be so kind as to point it out that be great!
I also have a windows partition and storage partition both are NTFS and both are not being read by Siduction, I see an NTFS tool in menu and ran it but nothing seems to happen, its probably something small or something silly I'm missing. Again if I can be pointed in the right direction I should be able to manage it, I used Debian Jessie for about 6 months so I'm familiar with it.
I'm running current Siduction, Paintitblack.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place I'm not long here and will get it right in future, thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: 2016/01/25, 14:52:24 by Ducky »

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
Re: Post Install problem
« Reply #1 on: 2016/01/25, 11:55:54 »
both are NTFS and both are not being read by Siduction
This is saying zero.
You have to mount such partitions, but if you have a modern windows, like Win7,8 or 10 the Windows is using fastboot, so ntfs-3g will prevent linux from mounting such partitions, because fastboot == hibernate.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Ducky

« Reply #2 on: 2016/01/25, 12:01:01 »
Thanks for the fast reply, its not actually the windows partition I want its the empty one next to it.
It is windows 7 on the other partition if that helps.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/01/25, 12:09:55 »
The preferred tool for adding users in Debian is adduser. Either look at 'man adduser' or look at the many howto's on the net.

greetz
devil

Ducky

« Reply #4 on: 2016/01/25, 14:51:17 »
I found the partition that I thought was not being read by Siduction, it turns out it is not listed as I expected.
It usually would be in the side panel of Thunar/file manager under Devices where file system is listed but it is in a folder in file system called disks. Just in case another user has the same problem they can read this if they are stuck.