Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] How to Prevent Double-Spaces Between Paragraphs in Forum Posts?  (Read 2022 times)

UP2L8

I've noticed that depressing the Enter key twice between paragraphs in a forum post sometimes results in double-spacing between the paragraphs.  See this post for an example:  http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=4542.0.  How can the double-spacing be prevented?

Offline der_bud

• User
I think the forum software uses different editors if you either use the "reply" button under the last post or the "Quick reply" field at the bottom, perhaps that is one reason. And you might have a look at your profile settings, Look and Layout. There is a " Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." See if changing that setting helps, the WYSIWYG sometimes tries to be smarter then you want it ;)
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

UP2L8

Thank you for your helpful replies, der_bud.  I appreciate them.

05/06/2014-01 edit:  Actually, the example I provided was initiated using the New Topic button near the top of the forum.

05/06/2014-02 edit:  Ah, "Show WYSIWYG editor" was on.  I've turned it off, so we'll see if that resolves the issue.  On the other hand, turning WYSIWYG off means posting in just plain text.
« Last Edit: 2014/05/06, 13:41:33 by UP2L8 »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
no, that doesn't mean to post in plain text bold, italic, underlined and all the other things can be used - but the editor show bbcode - and works

Code: [Select]
no, that doesn't mean to post in plain text [b]bold[/b], [i]italic[/i],
[u]underlined[/u] and all the other things can be used - but the editor
show bbcode - and works
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

UP2L8

Thanks for the clarification, melmarker.