Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Language: A practical issue  (Read 3891 times)

Offline bad_aptitude

• User
[EN] Language: A practical issue
« on: 2012/01/04, 21:38:09 »
I am presently using aptosid(since the days of kanotix) and would like to consider siduction, in part for the "siducting" name but mostly because of the people associated with the distro.
One practical problem related to language is making me hesitate. If most of the upgrade warnings are in German I worry that I might miss a significant warning.( I appreciate that the forking of the German forum has contributed to the current predominance of German postings)
Will there be a effort to translate upgrade warnings and post them in the English forum in a timely manner?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Language: A practical issue
« Reply #1 on: 2012/01/04, 21:41:18 »
I for one will write upgrade warnings in EN.

greetz
devil

Offline bad_aptitude

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2012/01/04, 22:08:14 »
Thanks devil. That is encouraging.
I am a cautious sid user (a contradiction in terms if there ever was one) and will probably wait until there is more info available in English. I have an encrypted LVM installation "the debian way" and would like to migrate to siduction as opposed to do a clean install.
As you said aptosid works - there just isn't much happening in the community (at least on the forum)

b_a

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2012/01/05, 00:48:50 »
Bilingual warnings are fine but if you use chrome/chromium the builtin translator works pretty well with translations so that I'd get a good idea to what was said.