Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Razor QT Desktop [EN]  (Read 17769 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« on: 2012/05/30, 22:50:58 »
Here we can have a thread for English Razor-QT issues.

I installed the 32-bit version on a Toshiba netbook today, and the only issue I had right away is a touchpad (non)sensivity problem. What is the appropriate touchpad settings tool in this DE?

Thanks!
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
RE: Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #1 on: 2012/05/30, 23:09:19 »
There is no special settings tool in razor.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: 2012/05/31, 00:23:33 »
Thanks towo.  Strangely, after a couple of reboots, the touchpad is working well, so ....  I'll take it!  :)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

dsplayname

« Reply #3 on: 2012/09/04, 18:24:32 »
Hi, I am new to Siduction, but have been interested in Razor-qt for a few months now. I am working on a theme for it, but have a few questions.
  1) how can I change the main menu colors and text?
  2) What are the ID numbers for the "right" and "left" settings of the panel? I have the top and bottom settings working with proper ID numbers, but can't find any documentation for it, and therefore nothing on left or right.
  3) Would it be alright to use the Siduction logo(like the favicon on this site) for the menu button, instead of the razorblade one?

THanks for the great distribution and all the hard work. I am loving it. You can check out a preview of my razor theme here if you wish: http://fav.me/d5dfnuy

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User

dsplayname

« Reply #5 on: 2012/09/05, 23:29:33 »
thanks, that page wouldn't load for me, but I got a beta version of the theme up and running. Here is a link to it on DeviantArt: http://fav.me/d5dsr9z
  Hope yall like it, and I'll keep working on it and others.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #6 on: 2012/09/05, 23:39:41 »
We had some trouble with the server. It should load now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

greetz
devil

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2012/09/05, 23:41:44 »
A Question for a possible Netbook-Install (2Gbyte of Memory):

Is networkmanager working on Razor?

holgerw

Re: RE: Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #8 on: 2012/09/06, 06:03:52 »
Quote from: "Lanzi"
A Question for a possible Netbook-Install (2Gbyte of Memory):

Is networkmanager working on Razor?

Hello @Lanzi,

I think, nm is independent from desktop environement.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Offline Lanzi

• User
RE: Re: RE: Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #9 on: 2012/09/06, 07:28:16 »
@Holger
But is there an aquivalent? How easy is it to use razor with different wireless lans?

dsplayname

« Reply #10 on: 2012/09/06, 09:31:51 »
Lanzi-
  Siduction came with Ceni installed, and it was easy to configure for wireless. I didn't find any setting for a tray icon, but once you set it up(it's a simple, one time process) it seems to auto-connect and not give any problems.
  If you don't want to use Ceni, I would recommend Wicd. It has a tray icon and is comparable to NM.

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2012/09/06, 15:43:51 »
we discussed this in a different thread in the german section, and I am still sure, that ceni is a very good and powerful tool.
but when abroad, using wifi in spain everytime in different bars, a guitool is more handy to me.

So I saw a wifi-symbol on some of the screenshots on the razor-homepage. I thought it was netwirkmanager, but  as holger said, it is not!

Who tried it? is it working and relieable? If not I will stay on my netbook with KDE.
Thanks for any hint!

holgerw

Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #12 on: 2012/09/07, 06:03:43 »
Who tried it? is it working and relieable? If not I will stay on my netbook with KDE.
Thanks for any hint!

Lanzi, I've installed razor-qt on my notebook. But then I added some kde stuff, I don't want to miss dolphin, in my opinion it is the best piece of software for managing data. After adding kmix and starting it automatically all multimedia functions of my thinkpad work like a charme. And kmix is well integrated in razor panel, so with knetworkmanager it should be similar.

This hasn't to do with installing a full KDE desktop with plasma and other K applikations.

I would give it a try.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Offline Lanzi

• User
Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #13 on: 2012/09/07, 07:22:14 »
Thanks! This is very encouraging. I will give it a try!

Offline gerd

• User
Razor QT Desktop [EN]
« Reply #14 on: 2012/09/07, 10:04:35 »
no auto network configuration (eth0 dhcp) (live cd)
no usb automount (installed on hdd)

focus based on mouseover -> annoying
gparted is missing (but refered to in installer and afaik no other gui partitioning tool installed)

suggest: + digital clock in panel (always seeable)

positive:
looks nice, fast