Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  live lxqt start with us keybord even if other is chosed on boot screen  (Read 9408 times)

Offline vilde

• User
When I choose Swedish keyboard on boot screen  from live usb, lxqt 64 bit will start with us keyboard. No big deal but anyway wrong. It works with xfce 64 bit.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
If this is with the new release, this belongs in the Bug forum for the new release. Let me know aand I will move it.

greetz
devil

Offline vilde

• User
Yes devil, it's the new release

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Hm, it seems it was already in the right place and I was puzzled :)

greetz
devil

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
vilde: sorry should not be - will have a look at it

-----

urgs - you choose swedish keyboard and the rest english?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
I also checked to choose some other keyboard layout on boot screen, same result, it was the standard us-english when in x.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
you should try swedish language - some shortcoming, because the intl part is not handled well as can be in LXQt
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
@melmarker Thanks, but I didn't install it and I don't need help with this. It'd just tried the live version and found this fault and reported it.

Or do I misunderstand you, do you want me to test something?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
you misunderstood - i tie the keyboard settings for lxqt to the choosen language, because the real lxqt config for keyboards is not complete. it looks like that:
Code: [Select]
17 case $LANG in
18     de_DE.utf8)
19         sed -i "s/model=.*/model=${XKBMODEL}/" /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
20         sed -i 's/layout=.*/layout="de,us"/' /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
21         sed -i 's/variant=.*/variant="nodeadkeys,,,"/' /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
22         ;;
23     en_US.utf8)
24         sed -i "s/model=.*/model=${XKBMODEL}/" /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
25         sed -i 's/layout=.*/layout="us,de"/' /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
26         sed -i 's/variant=.*/variant=",nodeadkeys,,"/' /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
27         ;;
28     *)
29         QXLANG=${LANG:0:2}
30         sed -i "s/model=.*/model=${XKBMODEL}/" /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
31         sed -i "s/layout=.*/layout=\"${QXLANG},us,de\"/" /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
32         sed -i 's/variant=.*/variant=",nodeadkeys,,"/' /etc/skel/.config/qxkb.cfg;
33     ;;
34 esac

So i think your usecase is not implemented yet.

Offline vilde

• User
Ok, thanks, now I understand. :)