Siduction Forum > Installation - Support

Is Siduction any more stable than Sid with LXQT?

(1/4) > >>

schnappi:
Hi,

Was having lots of problems with SId and LXQT (couldn't even shutdown correctly at one point). Is Siduction modified in any way to make it even a little more stable than Sid? Honestly Sid usually is pretty stable but for something like LXQT get why have been having issues.

Just wondering if can expect to have pretty much same issues if used Siduction or if there is some modifications that make Siduction even a little more stable than Sid. Live CD works fine and looks good by the way.

Thanks.

melmarker:
You had problems? I can't believe it, don't see any filed bugs.

schnappi:
Yep I know right?

Chalk it up to maybe the combination of hardware and software but yes was having issues with LXQT Sid to the point where deleted it and am just going to install something more out of box ready and a tiny bit more stable.

melmarker:
You know that we use the same packages as debian do? Esp. for LXQt. And i'm pretty sure every debian derivative does. So - bad luck, but a hint - writing good bugs might help, reading bugtrackers may help too. We nor debian nor upstream can help with problems we don't know.

(But maybe i'm completly wrong - maybe one with more LXQt knowledge should answer)

melmarker:
@schnappi: and your problem seems to be https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/issues/1311 -  so there are only partial solutions that work more or less complete. And thats one of the reasons i mentioned filing bugs - your shutdown problem might be slightly better than in pure debian because we have the latest menu-cache and KillUserProcesses activated - but to be true, it solves nothing right now - and the system will shut down with enough patience - in case nothing helps the one-liner should help:

hard kill all panel processes, after that hard kill all menu-cached processes, after that shut down the system.

EDIT: ok, reducing the system time out and user time out for processes helps too. But it doesn't help to find and fix any problems as mentioned on the upstream bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version