Siduction Forum > Upgrade Warnings

Wine Upgrade Includes New Library with Reported Bug

(1/2) > >>

tranquil:
Distro upgraded a few minutes ago on my desktop and along with a Wine upgrade comes a new install of libgdbm6:i386 which apparently causes issues.

Distro wurde vor ein paar Minuten auf meinem Desktop aktualisiert und zusammen mit einem Wine-Upgrade kommt eine neue Installation von libgdbm6: i386, die anscheinend Probleme verursacht. (Google Übersetzung)

tranquil:
I ended up allowing the new library to install after reading updated comments on the referenced bug.  I've not experienced any issues so far.

Ich habe die Installation der neuen Bibliothek zugelassen, nachdem ich die aktualisierten Kommentare zu dem referenzierten Fehler gelesen hatte. Ich habe bis jetzt keine Probleme erlebt. (Google Übersetzer Übersetzung)

melmarker:
Just to make it clear again - upgrade warnings are about real bugs - not about packages that have known bugs and come with a new version - it's just pointless.

As of now we have  RC bug count: 564 | stable RC bug count: 811 | NEW queue: 332 - so one can expect some more RC bugs found within some days, some will be fixed in that time, new packages go in and will cause new RC bugs. So, please report real bugs here - bonus points for reproduce the bugs you running into in a clean and uptodate pure sid system and fileing a bug against the package in charge, after you have checked that nobody has done so - and if it is not a bug within a just running transition.

In this special case it seems that XTaran had found a real bug in a package that could hurt some users - can't verify it, maybe bash users who uses command-not-found could give feedback.  If that can be reproduced on sid(uction) systems i would say: Yes, noteworthy.

tranquil:
How is the referenced bug not a real bug?

Regarding being able to reproduce on sid(uction) systems...are you saying that only Siduction users should report upgrade warnings here?

melmarker:
It make sense that siduction users (and maybe sid users) place warnings about real bugs here. Don't you think so?

Real warnings are esp. things like:
* transition warnings
* things like: latest d-u renders application xy unusable
* package xy breaks $foo - known bug/bug filed
* package xy breaks things, keep calm, working version in incoming
* d-u want to remove packages, what to do ...

and such things - and i'm aware that much users use apt-listchanges and similar things. I'm also aware that the output is often misleading and hard to interpret for non-developers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version