Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Is siduction becoming a German-only distro?  (Read 9337 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
[EN] Re: Is siduction becoming a German-only distro?
« Reply #15 on: 2018/10/07, 07:53:47 »
What might drive some US users away is the fact that they come into our English IRC room at times when we sleep and no one answers. That used to be better years ago with sidux, when we had a bigger population of EN speakers lurking. But that is what it is, nothing to be done about it :(

Offline sunrat

• User
Re: Is siduction becoming a German-only distro?
« Reply #16 on: 2018/11/14, 03:47:58 »
I just found a useful Firefox extension for DeepL translations. Fairly simple, just right-click on selected text and choose "Translate this" and it pops up the translation in a notify box (unfortunately not right next to the selection).It's not as functional as my old favourite gTranslate extension which is deprecated, but DeepL translations are definitely better than Google.
Deep Translator - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/deep-translator/
« Last Edit: 2018/11/14, 23:27:54 by sunrat »

Offline pjnsmb

• User
« Reply #17 on: 2018/11/14, 10:32:58 »
+1 for DeepL

It does have a website for those who do not use Firefox regularly

https://www.deepl.com/translator
regards
pjnsmb

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #18 on: 2018/11/14, 12:55:22 »
@sunrat

Danke dafür

Thanks for that

:)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2018/11/14, 14:46:46 »
That's  what I use I tried the app but thought it was slower, I just keep it open in a tab.

David

« Reply #20 on: 2019/02/28, 02:00:17 »
germany conquering a linux distro

sounds like ww3 to me

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #21 on: 2019/03/02, 15:44:38 »
It does have a website for those who do not use Firefox regularly

It has a Chrome extension also: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/deepl-translator/fjokdddhdjnpombkijbljbeemdmajgfj

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #22 on: 2019/03/02, 16:39:23 »
@david - we don't have to conquer it - we founded it (mostly german) and decided to share it with the world without war. And the funny thing is: It works.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

David

« Reply #23 on: 2019/03/02, 17:54:04 »
blod og bakken, brødre.