Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Something not right when deconecting Android phone from usb?  (Read 4426 times)

Offline vilde

• User
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but please move it if it's wrong.

When I connect android phones to my xfce desktop the phone(s) come up in thunar and transfer is working as it shall but after deconnecting the phones they still appear in the thunar window as connected. They are there until I reboot the computer. XFCE 64BIT

It can look like this, no phones are connected anymore. : "Android Phone" is phones with LineageOs 14.1 (Android 7.1) on and the "D5503" is a Sony device with stock android 4.x.
« Last Edit: 2017/12/19, 19:19:30 by vilde »

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
I guess, nothing works, if you click to open them? I don't use Thunar, but I would suggest a bug report against that package. Maybe someone else has more insight on the matter than me.

Offline vilde

• User
I guess, nothing works, if you click to open them? I don't use Thunar, but I would suggest a bug report against that package. Maybe someone else has more insight on the matter than me.

It works to open when connected, the screengrab is after a day with connecting and deconnecting severel times.

I think I try to ask about this on the xfce forum before doing any more.

Thank you for your answer devil

Offline sunrat

• User
I thought I recalled seeing this issue on another forum but search failed me. It brought up another post so you're not alone.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/android-phone-mass-storage-devices-do-not-disappear-from-thunar-after-disconnecting/34347
Doesn't seem to offer a concrete solution but check out the Arch link in that thread.

Offline vilde

• User
I thought I recalled seeing this issue on another forum but search failed me. It brought up another post so you're not alone.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/android-phone-mass-storage-devices-do-not-disappear-from-thunar-after-disconnecting/34347
Doesn't seem to offer a concrete solution but check out the Arch link in that thread.
Thanks, it feels good to not be alone ;)

Probably the same kind of problem, but they are a little stuck on that the fault is on android 8.x but, no, as I wrote I have the issue in both android 4.x and 7.1. On xfce forum somebody wrote thet it's libmtp thats causing problems and suggest some other file manager.

I wait and see if I get some more answers on xfce forum after all the holidays.