Siduction Forum > Upgrade Warnings

intel graphics factsheet

<< < (2/3) > >>

mld:
Maybe a good place to add another hint concerning intel graphics. Since Kernel 4.8 booting up on certain core2duo/Dualcore setups with intel GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller can get a bit quirky (like on my Inspiron 1525). The combination of KMS and SVIDEO resulted in slow booting up, instabilities and/or freezes.

Luckily on the arch wiki a kind of workaround can be found.

E.g. adding a  video=SVIDEO-1:d to my grub.cfg fixed it

DeepDayze:

--- Quote ---Maybe a good place to add another hint concerning intel graphics. Since Kernel 4.8 booting up on certain core2duo/Dualcore setups with intel GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller can get a bit quirky (like on my Inspiron 1525). The combination of KMS and SVIDEO resulted in slow booting up, instabilities and/or freezes.

Luckily on the arch wiki a kind of workaround can be found.

E.g. adding a  video=SVIDEO-1:d to my grub.cfg fixed it
--- End quote ---

This workaround worked for me in the case where I have my HP 8460p laptop in a dock and using an external 22" monitor for the display. As KMS did not use the full resolution of the monitor but of the internal LVDS panel, only part of the monitor was used for display when in text mode (init 3).

Turning off the internal LVDS using the video= boot option enabled the external monitor to use its full resolution. X still used the external display's natural resolution however.

tomsiduction:
Hello
Maybe an not so young post but still i would like to ask:

Please can you tell which file did you edit with " video=SVIDEO-1:d"

Regards

jure:
as he wrote

--- Quote ---E.g. adding a  video=SVIDEO-1:d to my grub.cfg fixed it
--- End quote ---

tomsiduction:
Hello and thank you

the only grub.cfg I can find is located at

/boot/grub

the file starts with:

--- Code: ---
### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
function gfxmode {
    set gfxpayload="${1}"
}
set linux_gfx_mode=1280x1024
export linux_gfx_mode
menuentry 'siduction 2018.3.0 Patience (KDE) GNU/Linux' --class siduction --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-072ccc73-a2ae-467c-8e25-bd380e4c2e5b' {
    load_video
    gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
    insmod gzio
    if [ x$grub_platform = xxen ]; then insmod xzio; insmod lzopio; fi
    insmod part_msdos
    insmod ext2
    set root='hd0,msdos1'
    if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
      search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos1  822fc2c6-1ff6-4681-9dcb-9a9c4b4fb63d
    else
      search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 822fc2c6-1ff6-4681-9dcb-9a9c4b4fb63d
    fi
    echo    'Linux 5.0.7-towo.4-siduction-amd64 wird geladen …'
    linux    /vmlinuz-5.0.7-towo.4-siduction-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/VGsys-LVroot ro cryptopts=source=UUID=ade37c6d-c298-47bd-b2ce-fa9fdc2078ca,target=cryptsda2,lvm=VGsys-LVroot quiet systemd.show_status=1 splash resume=/dev/sda3
    echo    'Initiale Ramdisk wird geladen …'
    initrd    /initrd.img-5.0.7-towo.4-siduction-amd64
}

--- End code ---

Where please do I have to edit it?

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version