Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] siduction kde-lite  (Read 10229 times)

Offline cryptosteve

• User
[EN] RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: siduction kde-lite
« Reply #15 on: 2013/04/26, 14:51:01 »
Why not installing noX and installing that packages that you need?

http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?msg=28891#28891
« Last Edit: 2013/11/10, 02:51:16 by ayla »
- born to create drama -
CS Virtual Travel Bug: VF6G5D

Offline titan

• User
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: siduction kde-lite
« Reply #16 on: 2013/04/26, 16:36:00 »
Because it still drags in a pile of unwanted dependencies. From the  KLyDE site, the reasons for creating it.

"It involves factoring optional components of the KDE desktop out of the base installation into subpackages that the main packages only have weak dependencies upon, allowing a minimal installation without them.  This targets big lumps of ram/cpu usage and objects of user hatred like Nepomuk and Akonadi, but also smaller items like Activities and Attica (social desktop support) and non-core window decorations/styles/etc"

Offline agaida

• User
    • http://g-com.eu
« Reply #17 on: 2013/04/26, 16:53:31 »
if one would create a klyde package (or maybe a kde-lite package) and maintain it, nox would be a perfect way to start. From my point of view there is no need for another flavour in siduction.
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #18 on: 2013/04/26, 17:17:45 »
First thing I do after a install is disable nepomuk, strigi(not with 4.10.2) and akonadi, except for this install with KDE 4.10.2. for testing, it is the best since the *4* series, but, still sucks

Anyway this could be done during the build process, I don't think so, but asked anyways in the sake of lite :)

Until those packages are not needed to build/install/operate it will be hard to make a truly lite KDE IMHO
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck