Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] GeForce 8000- and 9000 series and others soon to switch to legacy driver  (Read 3872 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
see: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3473
When switching drivers, a look at the state of nouveau might be a good idea!

greetz
devil

Offline DeepDayze

• User
I currently have a 9800GT that I bought used and I am hoping I can keep this card going for a few more years :)

Hopefully nouveau will get into sufficient shape to handle this card once support ends in the legacy nvidia blob in 2016.

Would be nice if nvidia would support the nouveau devs so that there could be decent support for the legacy cards going forward

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Would be nice if nvidia would support the nouveau devs so that there could be decent support for the legacy cards going forward

They do.

greetz
devil

Offline DeepDayze

• User

They do.

greetz
devil

I see, and hopefully will see real results in the nouveau driver soon enough and planning on testing the nouveau driver soon again :)

Nouveau does have potential to be a solid driver that's even better than the radeon driver

Offline sunrat

• User
I had always used Nvidia blob but since doing a new install of December KDE have only used nouveau. It seems to work perfectly with my GTX 560 Ti although I don't do any intense 3D stuff.