Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Repo changes  (Read 2071 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Repo changes
« on: 2015/05/16, 13:07:00 »
for some unknown reasons there was contrib and non-free repository entries for the siduction/extra repo. Unfortunally some users have them in their sources lists - after problems with the removal i added them back, so they will hit the changed mirrors again with the next sync.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

tmhind2

Re: Repo changes
« Reply #1 on: 2015/05/16, 13:22:30 »
Dumb question as I had just removed them from my sources list,  are they in effect just place holders and not really required? If so I don't or won't need to put them back, is that correct, thanks in advance!

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #2 on: 2015/05/16, 15:01:45 »
the repos should be empty and are empty now - so contrib and non-free should not be used (and will not be used again in near future)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

tmhind2

« Reply #3 on: 2015/05/17, 09:54:38 »
Mel,
Then someone might want to remove them from the package list for extra and whichever that are not going to be needed. That is where I got my information in setting up my sources lists, thanks for your time and all the efforts you contribute to siduction in making it good for Joe average like me to use, it is appreciated! 

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #4 on: 2015/05/17, 11:28:48 »
done