Siduction Forum > Software - Support

Restore GRUB

(1/1)

sotnik:
I had to reinstall windows and it destroyed grub.
Where I can find a howto to restore grub without reinstalling siduction?

mdmarmer:
At the top of this webpage there is a link to the manual.  Navigate to System Administration, then GRUB2, then GRUB2-MBR overwritten.  A direct link is https://manual.siduction.org/sys-admin-grub2#mbr-over-grub2

The instructions are very good.  You will need a siduction ISO (with another ISO you could use chroot as the manual also explains).

sunrat:
A simple way is to boot your current siduction install using the Boot Select menu at system startup and select siduction. It's F12 on my PCs but yours may be a different key. If that doesn't work, boot from a USB stick or CD containing REFInd bootloader (for UEFI systems). It will find and boot any kernels present and offer to boot them even if no bootloader exists.
Then do

--- Code: ---grub-install
update-grub
--- End code ---
and reboot.
You didn't say whether you have UEFI or MBR system, which may be important to know.

piper:
I agree with what @sunrat says about UEFI or MBR, I don't own a UEFI board, but if MBR
Use a live siduction cd/stick and do the following, make sure you change sda10 accordingly  (If copy & pasting these commands, please understand what your doing)

--- Code: ---==========
siduction
==========

mkdir -p /disks/sda10

mount /dev/sda10  /disks/sda10

/usr/sbin/grub-install --recheck --no-floppy --root-directory=/disks/sda10  /dev/sda

=======
debian
=======

mkdir -p /media/sda10

mount /dev/sda10  /media/sda10

/usr/sbin/grub-install --recheck --no-floppy --root-directory=/media/sda10  /dev/sda
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version