Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Kein Upgrade bei libopenmpi3 und openmpi-common – Kein Display-Manager  (Read 6394 times)

Offline brutor

• User
Hello,
Indeed the info is in the Debian bug report.
But you have to edit 2 files manually and add the missing spaces :

openmpi-common.postrm
libopenmpi3:amd64.postrm

After the corrections the update went fine for me

Bruno

orca

I have a KDE amd64 desktop. If I try to full-upgrade, I get:
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libopenmpi3 openmpi-common
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libopenmpi3 openmpi-common
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 359 not upgraded.
822 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/2,338 kB of archives.
After this operation, 16.4 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Reading changelogs... Done
(Reading database ... 736393 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libopenmpi3_3.1.3-9_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libopenmpi3:amd64 (3.1.3-9) over (3.1.3-5) ...
rm: cannot remove '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fortran/gfortran-8#': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'End': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'automatically': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'added': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'section': No such file or directory
dpkg: warning: old libopenmpi3:amd64 package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libopenmpi3_3.1.3-9_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 there is no script in the new version of the package - giving up
Preparing to unpack .../openmpi-common_3.1.3-9_all.deb ...
Unpacking openmpi-common (3.1.3-9) over (3.1.3-5) ...
rm: cannot remove '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fortran/gfortran-8#': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'End': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'automatically': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'added': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'section': No such file or directory
dpkg: warning: old openmpi-common package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/openmpi-common_3.1.3-9_all.deb (--unpack):
 there is no script in the new version of the package - giving up
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libopenmpi3_3.1.3-9_amd64.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/openmpi-common_3.1.3-9_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

This is related to the subject of this thread. I would like to have explicit instructions to change the post-removal scripts so as to add the missing spaces brutor mentioned in a former post. I tried to understand the directions in the bug report quoted by piper, but without success...
Regards

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
why is openmpi needed?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

orca

As per piper's conversation in the #siduction irc-chat, I was able to edit the libopenmpi3:amd64.postrm and openmpi-common.postrm files, in the directory /var/lib/dpkg/info, inserting a space right before:

# End automatically added section

in their last lines.

After that apt full-upgrade seems to be working again; at least there are no more errors issued (I have not fully executed it yet because of the current issues with KDE upgrading...)

Thanks piper!!

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
orca - congrats, my friend - you have repaired a totally useless package
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline brutor

• User
root@bruno-pc:/# apt-cache rdepends openmpi-bin
openmpi-bin
Reverse Depends:
  libopenmpi-dev
  open-coarrays-bin
  libopenmpi2
  libcoarrays-openmpi-dev
  gromacs-openmpi
  yorick-mpy-openmpi
  tree-ppuzzle
  relion-bin+mpi+gui
  relion-bin+mpi
  python3-escript-mpi
  python-escript-mpi
  phyml
  openmpi-bin
  libopenmpi3
  gromacs-openmpi
  libopenmpi-dev
  libcoarrays-openmpi-dev
  netpipe-openmpi
  mpi-default-bin
  meep-openmpi
  abyss
  garli-mpi
  examl
 |science-nanoscale-physics
  science-distributedcomputing
  ampliconnoise

Bruno

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
If anyone doesn't need/want this package period, just do

Code: [Select]
apt purge libopenmpi.
Don't forget the period

That *should purge

libcaf-openmpi-3 libcoarrays-openmpi-dev libopenmpi-dev libopenmpi3 openmpi-bin
Then do

apt autoremove
This *should remove

libfabric1 libhwloc-dev libhwloc-plugins libhwloc5 libibverbs-dev libnl-3-dev libnl-route-3-dev libnuma-dev libpmix2 libpsm-infinipath1 libpsm2-2 librdmacm1 openmpi-common
EDIT: I removed the oneliner, as it really wasn't a one liner ;)
« Last Edit: 2019/01/19, 16:56:48 by piper »
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
@brutor - aggreed, that are all wide spreaded desktop applications

Edit: Upps, forgot the sarcsasm tags

rumbarger

As others noted above, your information has solved my problem:
In /var.lib/dpkg/info/ the
openmpi-common,postrmlibopenmpi3:amd64.postrm
 file had a non-separated comment tag.  Adding a <cr> and then running apt --fix-broken install seems to have cleared up my errors.
Thanks for your assistance - now I might be able to purge (didn't know about the period last time I tried that).

geklmintendont

OK HOW DO I FIX IT/REMOVE IT??? THIS THREAD IS JAM-PACKED WITH SHIT AND THERE'S NO CLEAR ANSWER!!!

Earlier in the thread, one of those german fellas fixed the issue but it doesn't make any sense ("The clearly marked script?" theres like a billion scripts all related to OpenMPI and none of them are "clearly marked" as the right one to edit)

I am sure I speak for all of us.

____

OK  WIE FIXE ICH IT / ENTFERNEN ??? DIESES GEWINN IST MIT SHIT JAM-PACKED UND OHNE KLARE ANTWORT !!!

Früher im Thread hat einer dieser deutschen Burschen das Problem behoben, aber es macht keinen Sinn ("Das eindeutig gekennzeichnete Skript?" eine zu bearbeiten)

Ich bin sicher, ich spreche für uns alle.
« Last Edit: 2019/02/05, 01:09:18 by geklmintendont »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
and I'm dead sure that i don't like your tone - so you have three choices:
* just go away, reading and understanding seems to be none of your favorite skills
* read again and understand the solution
* just purge this damn package.

It's really up to you - no spoonfeeding here - and i dead sure also that i will ban you if you behave like this again. BTW: it should be fixed - if not file a debian bug:

#915025 [S|  |☺] [libopenmpi-dev] libopenmpi-dev: fails to upgrade from 'stretch': new libopenmpi-dev package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2
#918000 [S|  |☺] [libopenmpi3] openmpi postinst failure due to missing space in script

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
BTW: if an old script is buggy, apt should use the script from the current package - if that don't work, the solution is dead simple. just put an "exit 0" into the script directly after the first line. Thats all, nothing to see here.

Another hint might be: One can find these scripts in /var/lib/dpkg/info/

Offline brutor

• User
@geklmintendont : like melmarker, I don't like your tone either !!!
But for this time I will try to give a summary of the information :
The problem is reported in at least 3 debian bugs : 918000, 915025 and 916890.
The real problem (missing space) is explained in bug 918000:

❯❯❯❯ cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/libopenmpi3:amd64.postrm | tail -n1
[ -d /usr/lib/$multiarch/fortran/$base ] && rm /usr/lib/$multiarch/fortran/$cmplr# End automatically added section
                                                                                 ^missing space here
If you want to keep openmpi, you have to edit manually 2 files and add the missing spaces :
openmpi-common.postrm
libopenmpi3:amd64.postrm
As melmarker said, they are in /var/lib/dpkg/info/

Or perhaps have a look at the debian maintainers comment in :

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=916890#65

BTW, I'm no Linux expert at all, but have been able to solve this issue rather quickly with a little DuckDuckGo and some debian bug searches.
And I'm sure you did NOT speak for all of us !