Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] language default on site/forum  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
    • http://www.mte90.net
[EN] language default on site/forum
« on: 2013/02/27, 15:34:55 »
I am italian and i not know deutsch and for get the page on english i need to add in the url &lang=en.
If i click the link on the sidebar i go in the home page in english not in the english version of the page.
the forum are in deutsch after i click in a section or on my profile.
it's possibile to fix this problem?

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: language default on site/forum
« Reply #1 on: 2013/02/27, 16:45:47 »
Quote from: "Mte90"
If i click the link on the sidebar i go in the home page in english not in the english version of the page.

What you think is the difference?

siduction HP is bilingual, with the update-warning forum being mixed EN/DE whereas the other subfora exist in an EN and a DE section, but it is *one* forum. The only difference is the language of the *GUI*, but there is no difference in the fora.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

arno911

RE: Re: language default on site/forum
« Reply #2 on: 2013/02/27, 20:25:25 »
@michaa7: that is what he means, the GUI…

it's awkward and a pita, Mte90, but this will soon have an end, once the new forum is up and running. for now, adding &lang=en is faster than choosing English and finding the thread in the forum again…
here is a way to fix it: click on Profil, once you are there click on Postnuke Profil, then on Benutzerkonto, then on Sprache wechseln, choose English, save it, and pray xD

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
« Reply #3 on: 2013/02/27, 22:40:17 »
thanks!!!!!!!!
the problem are not the content but the label of the forum that for me are incomprensibles.
i think that save in the cookie the lang for auto set is better than know this method for set the language XD

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
« Reply #4 on: 2013/03/07, 20:58:50 »
i need to do this trick at each login :-(

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: RE: Re: language default on site/forum
« Reply #5 on: 2013/03/08, 08:58:02 »
Quote from: "Mte90"
i need to do this trick at each login :-(
I think this has to do with iceweasels language settings rather than profile. When I set the "preferred language for websites" in iceweasel preferences to [en] and [en-us] at the top of the list, followed by [de] and [de-de], siduction forum starts with english menu. If I put the de-entries first, page loads in german. Here as well the settings I choose in my profile only last for the current session.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
RE: Re: RE: Re: language default on site/forum
« Reply #6 on: 2013/03/08, 17:54:28 »
With chromium-browser, after the first time choosing "Preferred Language > English", the only German words on the front page are "Suche Blog Wiki Galerie Sitemap" at the top right, and if you look at those, the only one that needs a translation is "Suche" which means Search. All other menus are in English, and this setting remains the same for all future visits to the Forum.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO