Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [SOLVED] Kernel 5.2.11, Logitech HD C920 USB Webcam is suddenly a problem  (Read 2096 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
An HD C920 Webcam that I have had for a couple of years has been problem-free until this new kernel.  The boot hangs for a long time, spitting the same errors -- I did not wait to find out how long or if it would ever finish booting.  With the camera unplugged (as it is now), I can boot and run 5.2.11-towo-1-siduction-amd64 with no errors.  Log errors attached.
« Last Edit: 2019/09/01, 19:43:49 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Same problem here sometimes with my C270 - should be a driver issue and is there for some times - no clue how i fixed it.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
Please try the next kernel, which is building at the moment, there is USB_CONFIGFS_F_UVC set, which is needed for USB Webcam support. Maybe i have lost that setting sometimes.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Yes, booted 5.2.11-2 and there is no issue with the webcam connected.

Thanks, towo!
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO