Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Auch bei mir voller Erfolg. Nach kopieren von tmp.mount:

cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount  to /usr/share/systemd/tmp.mount"

bootet das System wieder einwandfrei.

Einträge in der fstab bezüglich "tmpfs  /tmp" waren nicht ergänzt und sind auch Keine auskommentiert. Den Eintrag habe ich so belassen wie er immer schon war.

Danke an  Alle
While OFFTOPIC for this thread about tmpfs/systemd/tmp.mount, just a quick one for @ro_sid:

... PS: Thanks for pointing out, that "cron" is disabled by default in Siduction. I would never have assumed this! And, of course, enabled it immediately for things like "logrotate" etc.

On my system 'systemctl list-timers --all' tells me that logrotate.timer calls logrotate.service on a daily base (and lists several other timers like plocate-updatedb.timer, anacron.timer, man-db.timer...)
Software - Support / Re: (gelöst:)hypnotix installieren
« Last post by dieres on Today at 02:52:46 »
Wer das so noch installieren will muss den alten mpv in Version 0.37  mit der passenden libmpv2 haben. Die aktuelle 0.38 funktioniert nicht.
Upgrade Warnings / Re: system failed to start due to systemd upgrade!
« Last post by ro_sid on Today at 02:19:00 »
systemd is a complexity monster and the opposite of the KISS principle!

Explanation to what happens, and why:
Entries in /etc/systemd/... overwrite/take precedence over (other) existing systemd files in (very) different locations (like /usr or /var). Thus a dangling symbolic link invalidates ("masks"?) its function.
Just "eliminating" it in /etc/systemd makes it work again, if there is a valid entry in one of the other locations. You can do this by e.g. just removing it or giving it another extension (If I do not want to remove it for some reason, I always append a .old extension to its name; let us hope systemd will never use an "old" service/target or whatsoever).

It is not necessary, to have an entry in /usr/share/systemd, as long as no link with higher precedence points to it - an entry in /usr/lib/systemd is sufficient.

You do not have to eliminate the entry in /etc/fstab, as long as it does not contradict the systemd service.

By the way, I had a second (dangling) entry to "tmp.mount" in /etc/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/, which I, of course, "invalidated", too.

PS: Thanks for pointing out, that "cron" is disabled by default in Siduction. I would never have assumed this! And, of course, enabled it immediately for things like "logrotate" etc.
I have posted a bug report upstream for this issue here:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1072187

The steps I used to resolve the issue are in the report itself.  In a nutshell, /etc/systemd/system/tmp.mount is a broken symlink.  I needed to comment out the fstab entry, and "cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount /usr/share/systemd/tmp.mount" to (optionally) restore tmpfs functionality.
« Last post by eriefisher on Yesterday at 23:39:55 »
A little more poking around.

Dmesg shows nothing I can see but:
Code: [Select]
journalctl -b | grep "/tmp"
May 29 17:36:15 hp8470p systemd-tmpfiles[740]: /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf:13: Duplicate line for path "/run/lock", ignoring.
May 29 17:36:15 hp8470p systemd-tmpfiles[740]: Opening file "/tmp/.ICE-unix/3583" failed, ignoring: No such device or address

I'm not sure if this is related or not.
Upgrade Warnings / boot stockt
« Last post by solo on Yesterday at 23:27:13 »
Nach Verbesserung mit
Code: [Auswählen]
touch /etc/systemd/system/tmp.mount
You have overwritten the dead link to /usr/share/.. with this.
und
Code: [Auswählen]
systemctl unmask tmp.mount

schien alles Tutti zu sein.
Während eines neuerlichen Neustarts stockte boot unter
{ OK ] Reaches target graphical.target - Graphical Interface.
Starting systemd-update-utmp-runlie?- Record RunlevelChange in UTMP . . .
[ OK ] Finished systemd-update-ut,mp-runle?e - Record Runlevel Change in UTMP . . . 
4.186589 Bluetooth: hc10: Malformed MSFT vendor event: 0x02
4.200611 Bluetooth: hc10: Reading supported features failed (-16)

>ab da ging es nicht mehr weiter<.
Wie kann man boot beenden ?
Gruß solo
« Last post by eriefisher on Yesterday at 23:25:32 »
I noticed this morning that the tmp.mount link was dead when I was poking around and repaired it as mentioned. At the time though I wasn't aware of the new fstab line. So now with tmp.mount repaired and the fstab line commented I did a D-U to the current systemd and rebooted. Everything seems normal. Wonderful!
« Last post by Fellfrosch on Yesterday at 22:06:44 »
Danke für die Erklärungen. Bin ich ja froh, dass ich als blindes Huhn trotzdem in die richtige Richtung marschiert bin.  8)
« Last post by brutor on Yesterday at 22:03:01 »
Confirm that the solution from Fellfrosch is working on my system.

had to implement the change ro ==> rw in the boot command to be able to boot.

Many Thanks for this help !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10