Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] I feel outside  (Read 18892 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
[EN] RE: Re: RE: I feel outside
« Reply #30 on: 2012/04/30, 13:33:09 »
You should better talk to agaida about that.

greetz
devil

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
RE: Re: RE: I feel outside
« Reply #31 on: 2012/04/30, 15:07:11 »
...lets welcome dibl as mod for the EN forums :)
thanks holgerw for the initiative and dibl for accepting the job.

greetz
devil

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #32 on: 2012/04/30, 15:33:03 »
Thank you devil.

And now I go searching for my German-English Dictionary ....

;-)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline ayla

• User
I feel outside
« Reply #33 on: 2012/04/30, 15:51:55 »
fine
congrats to dibl.... and to the team. :)

greets
ayla

Offline ralul

• User
I feel outside
« Reply #34 on: 2012/04/30, 16:12:27 »
Yes, I really appreciate dibl as forum moderator!

regarding bilinguality:
For me it is double time to write english, because I am pretty unsure about wording, gramas etc. I will try to write in english though if it is about wishes and future developments of siduction. But I will stop as soon as a debate gets heated, because in english I depend my words not to be droped on a "Goldwaage" ...

I would like siduction to consider to use much less forums and some more forums as bilingual, but

- it is a question of overall traffic. In this moment we could just live using 4/5 forums. But what about times of a siduction release?

- surely we need support forums (install,software) with pure and single language. But some other topics could be tried bilingual as well, for me at least ...
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline ayla

• User
I feel outside
« Reply #35 on: 2012/04/30, 16:25:06 »
Quote from: "ralul"

- surely we need support forums (install,software) with pure and single language. But some other topics could be tried bilingual as well, for me at least ...

Yep, would be fine for me too. Evryone who wants to join a discussion and isn't good in the other language(s) may ask for a translation. If I can, of course I would try to help.

hinto

« Reply #36 on: 2012/05/01, 15:08:24 »
If I "know" these guys correctly (I've "known" some since the Kanotix days), IRC is much livelier. (I must admit that I haven't visited there often of late).
-Hinto

Offline clubex

• User
« Reply #37 on: 2012/05/01, 16:25:42 »
Welcome dibl. I'm sure you'll make an excellent moderator for the English forum.

And thanks devil for the re-arranged forums page. I hope this soon increases the registrations as siduction deserves it.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #38 on: 2012/05/01, 19:11:54 »
New release in May will bring siduction to the attention of possible new users also.

greetz
devil

belze

« Reply #39 on: 2012/05/06, 18:46:56 »
good move! i supported in the past the "language issue" and since i moved to arch i just keep an eye on siduction and aptosid forums. I really would have the time to translate some interesting stuff about razor and other experimental repos (i still have a partition with siduction installed). So i would appreciate to understand what is going on, what about chromium and so on in a language which i can read (i'm italian, we CAN'T write in english, the only one who can do it is Stefano Zacchiroli lol!).
Looking forward for the new forum and of course for the new release, as i hope this will attract a lot of new users and you (devs and stakeholders) have to take care of them. i like the noob section, but you definitively need a stronger english section of the forum, otherwise one might think this is not the right place to stay. Don't blame me, it is a common sensation i heard from multiple sources (friends of mine, random users commenting on blogs or social media).
i wish long life to siduction, and a happy user experience to german speakers!

sqlpython

« Reply #40 on: 2012/05/07, 08:19:30 »
@dibl
Good luck at your New Position!

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #41 on: 2012/05/07, 19:33:26 »
@dibl
Congrats.  With the forum changing and the next release imminent, we'll need more help dealing with questions.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #42 on: 2012/05/07, 19:58:01 »
Thanks guys.  It appears I was selected mainly for my diplomatic writing style and (so far) lack of temper tantrums on the forum, not so much about my Gnu/Linux proficiency. :lol:

I will happily accept all the help that is offered, and thanks in advance!
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline cryptosteve

• User
« Reply #43 on: 2012/05/07, 21:42:35 »
You're welcome, dibl. :D
- born to create drama -
CS Virtual Travel Bug: VF6G5D

jacmoe

I feel outside
« Reply #44 on: 2012/05/19, 21:16:55 »
Quote from: "ralul"
For me it is double time to write english, because I am pretty unsure about wording, gramas etc. I will try to write in english though if it is about wishes and future developments of siduction. But I will stop as soon as a debate gets heated, because in english I depend my words not to be droped on a "Goldwaage" ...

Well..
You are lucky that you are allowed to write in German.

Or maybe not.

I've spent years on perfecting my English, due to me being a member of the Ogre3d community since 2004, and it's well worth the effort. ;)