Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [solved]help - kde5/plasma5 desktop gone weird!  (Read 1841 times)

krisbee

[solved]help - kde5/plasma5 desktop gone weird!
« on: 2016/02/14, 16:37:57 »
I made the mistake of dragging a book across my keyboard and now the kde5/plasma5 desktop is misconfigured.  The screen res looks wrong (not changed in kde settings) , windows behaviour is not normal.  Whole screen appears to move with the mouse. 

Login/out and/or reboot has no effect as the "bad settings" are being remembered.   Any ideas how to restore the desktop without losing my whole kde5 config?
« Last Edit: 2016/02/14, 19:15:10 by krisbee »

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: help - kde5/plasma5 desktop gone weird!
« Reply #1 on: 2016/02/14, 18:02:43 »
Possibly rename the folder  .kde to something like .kde.old and restart kde and manually add your settings back from .kde.old.
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #2 on: 2016/02/14, 19:00:48 »
Plasma 5 doesn't use ~/.kde anymore. Maybe it's better to rename everything in ~/.local and ~/.config that has "plasma" in it...?

Or maybe it's just the keyboard... Maybe some keys got stuck...
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/02/14, 19:03:29 »
Yeah, dragging a book over it in the opposite direction might help.
scnr :)

greetz
devil

krisbee

« Reply #4 on: 2016/02/14, 19:14:50 »
Stupid me! Somehow the zoom effect had got switched on. Panic over.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: [solved]help - kde5/plasma5 desktop gone weird!
« Reply #5 on: 2016/02/14, 22:34:18 »
Quote from: spacepenguin
Plasma 5 doesn't use ~/.kde anymore. Maybe it's better to rename everything in ~/.local and ~/.config that has "plasma" in it...?

Or maybe it's just the keyboard... Maybe some keys got stuck...

Ouch, my bad, I was posting from  my phone (android ) and didn't even think   :-[
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck