Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] (almost solved) sources.list*e*  (Read 3708 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] (almost solved) sources.list*e*
« on: 2013/06/14, 19:33:22 »
Today I found all my *.list files copied to *.liste.
I did not care much as I thought that this could be some new localisation improvement.

Now I was looking for something and executed:
apt-cache policy <something>, and got this output:
N: Datei »siduction.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »google.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »debian.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »siduction.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »google.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »debian.liste« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.

It says: File "whatever.liste" ignored due to invalid extension.

So what the heck are those *.liste files, where do they come from? I will delete them, but first I want to know what's going on.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
RE: sources.list*e*
« Reply #1 on: 2013/06/14, 19:59:53 »
That is a strange one.  I doubt that it happened from a d-u or package installation.  Here my system is fully updated as of 5 minutes ago, and there is no such issue:

Code: [Select]
root@imerabox:/# apt-get dist-upgrade -d
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
root@imerabox:/# ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d
debian_experimental.list  debian_stable.list   iceweasel.list~                      kdenext.list~
debian.list               debian_testing.list  kdenext_experimental_snapshots.list  siduction.list
debian-multimedia.list    iceweasel.list       kdenext.list
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/06/14, 20:09:43 »
If I am right (localisation) it can't affect you. But that leads me to the conclusion it wasn't the best idea to (only) ask about it in the english part of the forum ;-)
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2013/06/14, 20:18:02 »
@ dibl / mods
could you move it to "software" (where I should have posted it).

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2013/06/14, 22:25:58 »
In the german warning for debian-multimedia.org there was this command for removing this repo out of the list.

find /etc/apt -type f -name "*.list" \
  -exec sed -ie '/deb.*debian-multimedia\.org/d' {} \;

I don't understand how, but this command creates those files named <duplicate>.liste.

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2013/06/15, 01:46:54 »
I think the warning was to CHANGE "debian-multimedia" to "deb-multimedia", because they changed the domain name.  It is just a "mv" command -- no need for fancy "find" and "sed" operations, IMHO.

I don't see why it would add an "e" to the end of the file name .... but there you go!
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline ayla

• User
(almost solved) sources.list*e*
« Reply #6 on: 2013/06/15, 08:35:59 »
Hi,

...sed -ie... is doing the Job.

man sed:
-i[SUFFIX], --in-place[=SUFFIX]

edit files in place (makes backup if SUFFIX supplied)

greets
ayla

Edit: btw, I don't see how the above mentioned lines should replace the origin entry with the expected one so what dibl mentioned seems to be a good idea to me.

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: RE: sources.list*e*
« Reply #7 on: 2013/06/15, 11:38:54 »
Quote from: "dibl"
...It is just a "mv" command -- no need for fancy "find" and "sed" operations, IMHO....

"mv" only moves files and changes file names, but cannot touch content within a file such as "deb http://debian-multimedia...".

xaos52

RE: Re: RE: sources.list*e*
« Reply #8 on: 2013/06/15, 12:24:50 »
Hmm, that is a tricky one. :wink:
I guess the correct command should be:

find /etc/apt -type f -name "*.list" \
  -exec sed -i -e '/deb.*debian-multimedia\.org/d' {} \;

What they are trying to do is remove the line(s) containing the /deb.debian-multimedia/ repo because the guy maintaining that is not abiding to the Debian rules.

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2013/06/15, 12:42:05 »
hmm, ok, simply mark and delete in the preferred editor seems to be to simple for the author.

Even if he has to open the file in it to get a line for the new repo in. :)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2013/06/15, 12:55:41 »
So now it is really solved, "sed -ie" =! "sed -i -e". And the latter does what it should whereas the first created confusion.

Thanks xaos52

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: RE: sources.list*e*
« Reply #11 on: 2013/06/15, 16:10:51 »
Quote from: "michaa7"

"mv" only moves files and changes file names, but cannot touch content within a file such as "deb http://debian-multimedia...".

Uppppps -- that is correct, I didn't think through the change.

I would use Alt-F2 "kdesu kate", edit the file to change the repo name, then "save as" to the new file name, close kate, go to my root terminal and delete the old file.