Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] "mdadm: no arrays found" && now "Failed: failed to start load kernel modules"  (Read 5399 times)

este.el.paz

@piper:

Yep, I rebooted after I posted the last post and the GUI returned intact, so the thread is "solved."

I also ran the "purge mdadm"  or whatever it was, and it showed a number of lines of "purgation" but in said reboot the "no arrays found in config or automatically" lines returned . . . as before . . . .  But, GUI is in working order . . . much appreciated.

este.el.paz

@piper:
Code: apt purge mdadm

On cold boot this am the numerous "no arrays" lines remain,
is this one of those it should have been, [/size]
Code: [Select]
apt purge mdadm.[code] 
where the period makes it "serious" as far as purging goes, or no the period is not required
and not advised as far as "mdadm" goes?
[/size][/size]

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Don't use the period for that, only nvidia use the period please ;)

Unless you are a very experienced user in debian

apt purge mdadm
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

este.el.paz

Don't use the period for that, only nvidia use the period please ;)

Unless you are a very experienced user in debian

apt purge mdadm
@piper:
Alrighty, well obviously I'm not very experienced with debian, but I ran the command as you provided, and then since then run "apt update" a couple of times, as well as an "apt update; apt full-upgrade" . . . and still the "no arrays" lines returned.

It's not something that is "intolerable" . . . it just adds to the time to boot the system, which lately has the dmesg lines, followed by the, "the system will start in 1 min 28 seconds" and then it counts down the seconds, which when I first installed Siduction it literally flew through the dmesg and booted super quickly.
I guess no harm in running the "purge" command again . . . but will it hold against the . . . "lost arrays" ??? ??

[edit] A few minutes later I re-ran the purge command, and console says, "package 'mdadm' is not installed, so not removed."  So I guess the package was "purged" but some of the detritus of it remains in the system???  No worries on it, check you guys the next time.
« Last Edit: 2019/08/03, 17:13:30 by este.el.paz »