Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Linux makes news at Der Spiegel  (Read 3429 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Linux makes news at Der Spiegel
« on: 2013/04/08, 23:22:08 »
Well, at least they are talking about SOME KIND of Linux!

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/gadgets/ubuntu-im-test-bilanz-ueber-ein-jahr-linux-a-892712.html

:lol:
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

mylo

Linux makes news at Der Spiegel
« Reply #1 on: 2013/04/09, 21:50:59 »
Hi dibl,

Spiegel is a magazine in germany with long history. It convertetd easily to the network world in the late 80'ies. They started with a internet redaction at a time, where the big newspapers did not hear or know what that is. When the others started hey had already engaged 80 people. So for a journal "bleeding edge".

Their page is a really interesting and very frequently updatet one.

So how we bring in a topic like "Do you plan your holiday always at the same place? Do you want more than Ubuntu?".

Seems that needs some time, but the "Netzwelt" part of spiegel.de is interesting. It will come.

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/04/09, 22:32:59 »
This article is about the experience of the writers family with Ubuntu along one year. If your friends read it, they will be able to decide if Linux is the thing to go for them. But you could tell them also ...

Concludes: If average user it is better than windows. If gamer not. If you have special hardware perhaps.
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline OppaErich

• OLE
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2013/04/10, 18:57:52 »
Bad karma dibl ? You mention "Der Spiegel" and one day later the two editors in chief get fired. :)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: Linux makes news at Der Spiegel
« Reply #4 on: 2013/04/10, 19:52:17 »
Quote from: "OppaErich"
Bad karma dibl ?

Yes.  They should have written about Debian.   :lol:
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Yeti

Re: Linux makes news at Der Spiegel
« Reply #5 on: 2013/04/10, 21:31:29 »
Der Spiegel, is one of my favourite magazines after Focus and Stern.

Ubuntu Linux was my first distribution, and I love it since today, but as LXDE-Ubuntu (Lubuntu)alternative only,because there is no Gnome2 anymore as standard GUI.

Viele Grüße
yeti