Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Advice to convert MOW to Shoulders of Giants  (Read 1565 times)

Offline hickamoungthesticks

[EN] Advice to convert MOW to Shoulders of Giants
« on: 2024/03/19, 20:11:21 »
I should like to freshen my always kept updated Master of War version to Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.
What is the proper way to change the artwork & other tweaks rolled in with the newer release?
Please advise.
Thank you!

Offline eriefisher

• User
Re: Advice to convert MOW to Shoulders of Giants
« Reply #1 on: 2024/03/19, 22:41:46 »
If you do a nala search or apt search giants you should find all the artwork and settings. Other than that if you have been full-upgrading you should be good.

Offline hickamoungthesticks

« Reply #2 on: 2024/03/20, 05:02:58 »
If you do a nala search or apt search giants you should find all the artwork and settings. Other than that if you have been full-upgrading you should be good.
Thank you.
I will do as you aver.
I've never used nala only apt, apt-get, or aptitude, always full-upgrade (unless just adding a package or so between upgrades) . Perhaps time to check out using nala.

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2024/03/20, 11:58:19 »
Thank you.
I will do as you aver.
I've never used nala only apt, apt-get, or aptitude, always full-upgrade (unless just adding a package or so between upgrades) . Perhaps time to check out using nala.

Nala is doing the same things as apt but has a couple extra feature I like. Multi download and the history function mostly.

Offline unklarer

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2024/03/20, 13:37:32 »
I think nala is crap. Apart from the fact that it looks colorful, it can't do anything that apt can do anyway.   :)

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2024/03/20, 14:21:23 »
I think nala is crap. Apart from the fact that it looks colorful, it can't do anything that apt can do anyway.   :)
Not true. A couple things that come to mind that nala can do is simultaneous downloads from multiple repos and the undo feature of nala history. 

Offline unklarer

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2024/03/21, 11:39:42 »
@eriefisher
It remains the same, nala is crap!    ;)

@hickamoungthesticks
Take the new ISO (kde/plasma is up to date, the others will take some time.). You'll save yourself a lot of trouble, and, with apt you're right, the recommended way with siduction.    8)