Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Forum Post Quote Function Not Working for Me  (Read 10208 times)

Offline tranquil

• User
[EN] Forum Post Quote Function Not Working for Me
« on: 2019/12/30, 02:31:12 »
I didn't see an appropriate forum to post this in, so I decided to post here.
The Quote function in a forum post isn't working for me. I've tried using it under both Chromium and Firefox. Nothing happens when I click on the Quote icon.
Dual-booting Debian Stable and Unstable with Openbox window manager and Tint2 panel.

Offline tranquil

• User
Re: Forum Post Quote Function Not Working for Me
« Reply #1 on: 2019/12/30, 02:55:21 »
I guess it's not really an issue. I can use a similar function when I reply to a thread. However, what's the purpose of the Quote function in each post when you're just browsing a thread?
Dual-booting Debian Stable and Unstable with Openbox window manager and Tint2 panel.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #2 on: 2019/12/30, 10:37:14 »
The quote function inside the editor works, but you have to paste your quote manually after clicking the quote icon. The quote function you are talking about used to work iirc, but does not anymore for quite some time now. I will check if we can get rid of the now useless icon.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2019/12/30, 15:42:51 »
tranquil - only a addition, please don't use the visual editor
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2019/12/30, 18:55:26 »
... . I will check if we can get rid of the now useless icon.
Please don't, as it in fact does work - under certain cirumstances ;). The functonality to quote is blocked by firefox per default as a possible unsecure action. If you click the "Lock"-icon beside the forum URL and then "allow possibly unsecure content", the quoting works as expected (for that session).
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2019/12/30, 19:26:59 »
I guess it's not really an issue. I can use a similar function when I reply to a thread. However, what's the purpose of the Quote function in each post when you're just browsing a thread?

In chrome, after clicking the Quote link above a post, a red warning appears to the right of the URL window, -- hover your mouse over it and it says "an unsafe script" is trying to run.  If you click to accept the script, then click the Quote link again, it works as expected.   ;)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #6 on: 2020/01/01, 20:53:07 »
Hah, I guess you can tell I never use the quote functionality :)

Offline tranquil

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2020/01/04, 04:04:08 »
tranquil - only a addition, please don't use the visual editor
Thank you for that tip. I unchecked the Use WYSIWYG editor option under the Look and Feel settings for my account.