Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [solved] LXQT update warning  (Read 2019 times)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
[solved] LXQT update warning
« on: 2019/02/18, 17:51:04 »
I'm trying to do an update on my LXQt laptop and am getting the following: 
W: Sources disagree on hashes for supposely identical version '0.14.0.3' of 'lxqt-theme-debian:amd64'.   
W: Sources disagree on hashes for supposely identical version '0.14.0.3' of 'lxqt-branding-debian:amd64'   

I see lxqt-core being updated but can't find the source for the warning, any clues/help?   

TIA
« Last Edit: 2019/02/19, 07:07:24 by GoinEasy9 »
Linux Counter number 348347

David

Re: LXQT update warning
« Reply #1 on: 2019/02/18, 18:01:31 »
When the core is updated, my guess is they also update the theme and branding information, regardless of whether or not those packages are being updated according to apt.

Could you give us the context of the warning? the surrounding text?

I'm guessing three possible options:
1) apt is checking the theme and branding packages in apt update
2) apt is trying to upgrade these packages while upgrading the core but it warns you that these related packages hashes are wrong
3) the installation script for the core checks the theme and branding packages but for some reason the hashes aren't working out (Thus, it's not really anything to do with apt)

Because I know someone else is probably going to hop in, here are the packages on the debian website:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/lxqt-branding-debian
https://packages.debian.org/sid/lxqt-theme-debian

I hope I was a help.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #2 on: 2019/02/18, 18:24:46 »
@David

You probably don't know, but melmarker is one of the maintainers/developers of LXQt, so that page is not needed
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

David

« Reply #3 on: 2019/02/18, 21:40:16 »
@David

You probably don't know, but melmarker is one of the maintainers/developers of LXQt, so that page is not needed

You're right, I didn't know that

I guess he should ask him directly then

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
Re: [solved] LXQT update warning
« Reply #4 on: 2019/02/19, 07:19:58 »
The 2 files were pulled in by either lxqt or lxqt-core and their hash's didn't matter. I did have to remove featherpad-l10n to finish the update, but, that was covered in a earlier thread.

The KDE update was no tribble at all.
Linux Counter number 348347