Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] NFS mount fails on boot  (Read 2202 times)

Offline eriefisher

• User
[EN] NFS mount fails on boot
« on: 2023/02/09, 19:53:22 »
I have two laptops. I have a data partition shared via NFS from laptop 1 to laptop 2 without issue. It works as expected. I am now trying to share a data partition on laptop 2 to laptop 1 but it won't mount on boot. I've compared the set up on both laptops and they are identical except for the specific paths. Once in a desktop I open a terminal and:
Code: [Select]
mount -abut it fails with:
 mount.nfs: failed to prepare mount: Operation not permitted

mount: (hint) your fstab has been modified, but systemd still uses
      the old version; use 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload.

This shouldn't be the case because it has been done several times as well as several reboots but I keep getting the same response. Anyway, again I:
systemctl daemon-reloadThe daemon appears to reload without argument and I can mount the share manually with:
mount -aThe share mounts successfully and I can access it read/write no problem until I reboot and need to start over again. Hopefully someone can give me a clue as to what's going on here. I have attached /etc/exports from the server laptop with the share and the /etc/fstab from the client laptop.

Laptop 2 /etc/exports
cat /etc/exports
# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
# to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes      hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
/media/data 192.168.0.15(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

Laptop 1
cat /etc/fstab
UUID=13A8-D4F3                                /boot/efi            vfat        auto,users,rw,quiet,umask=000                0    0 
UUID=2ddd7fb1-c6ba-487f-80bc-407ef5ba72fd    /                    ext4        defaults,relatime,errors=remount-ro          0    1 
UUID=68057ccd-9b8e-447b-8ee5-d060a5b3816a    none                swap        sw                                            0    0 
UUID=0dd547a7-fc11-4f13-8c1c-2c29163c0bd4    /media/data       ext4        auto,users,rw,exec,relatime                  0    0 
192.168.0.15:/media/Data /media/dan-hp15  nfs defaults  0 0

Thanks!