Siduction Forum > Hardware - Support

Solved - Dual Monitor setup

<< < (2/2)

finotti:
Sorry I did not reply earlier, but it does sound like a hardware problem, especially since xrandr does not see the monitor.
I hope it gets sorted out!

martinwprior:
I guess I am showing my age. Ever since my first Cromenco system I ahve been used to serial and parralel ports and then came the PC and the vga port. Thats where you plugged in the monitor.

It was purely an accident that when I bought my Shuttle system I was visiting the UK. Without a Monitor I needed to plug it in to my daughters TV via HDMI (the first I had heard of it :(  ).

When I got home I already had the HDMI cable and noticed the monitor had one and so I used it. It was only last week I decided to attach another monitor and plugged it in to the vga port. Nothing appeared. Old fashioned me just assumed the vga was the default case.

But:

The Skylake line of processors retires the VGA support, while supporting multi-monitor setups of up to three monitors connected via HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 or Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) 1.3 interfaces.[/size]http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/4

Oh well now I know. Learn something every day. My Display Port cable is on the way.......[/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version