Siduction Forum > Hardware - Support

[EN] Problem popping on accessing pluged in hardware

(1/3) > >>

mylo:
Hi all,

since (may be longer) time but now clear, I experience a problem on plugging hardware.
Problem appeared now, when I wanted to dd to a sdcard for one of my raspis. Impossible, so first guess: my card reader is defect or corrupted. So I lent one from a neighbour, same problem.

I tried all blkid and mod checks, mods ok, but no sd* showed up.

I remember, that a week ago I attachad a hd from a tv receiver by ide>sata connector to grab my records from that. But the disk was not recognized nor showed up in no kind.

So usb or sata no dev recognition on these hardwares.

I can deliver all infos, fear a hw problem. Any ideas what to check on top? My inst is from 2013, currently upgraded over generations of forks.

Thanks for hints before solving by a big migration/setup.

Geier0815:
First try should be to boot from a live-DVD or stick. Will it work then it's a problem with your installation, if it's not working it seems to be a hardware problem.
This would be my first step to resolv such an error.

mylo:
thanks for downing my horizon, so that I can see this very logical stepping forward to ex-/include areas of root cause. I will try and report. Thanks!

mylo:
hallo Geier0815,

I fooded the dvd drive with a Mint Cinnamon 64 bit, prioritised bios to booting dvd.

1 By just letting run/boot up, it stalled in the showup of the green M logo, nothing more happens after that.

2 Starting up by the [forgot the name] light mode, Mint's booting trial shows up errors by errors. I monitored the very hard hard fight on CLI feedbacks, how Mint tried to boot up, reducing requirements after requirements, to getting the bloody fucking job done. Unfortunately ending successlessly.

Question:

Is this already a hint onto a HW failure?
[by the way, why board forces font size reduction?]

What can I test/try on top?

Thanks for any help, preferring a reinstall instead of a costly HW migration (procurement...

Thanks for any help! btw: how to disbale automatic font size reduction in this board?

mylo:
Hi all,

a new burned Mint dvd ran up fine. On live dvd the usb stick did also not show up. So, I conclude according to Geier0815's root cause localization strategy's first step, the problem is in my inst.

I would like to use may 8 year old inst as long as possible. So are there any hints on how to detect the area of failure further?

Thanks in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version