seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2018/07/18, 20:31:12

Help

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Siduction News (EN) / Re: siduction 2018.3.0
« Last post by dibl on Today at 19:27:56 »
@tommy2, you are quite correct.  The output of

Code: [Select]
inxi -Fz
is a great way to begin a question about suspected hardware problems.
« Last post by tommy2 on Today at 14:48:27 »
Sorry for butting in, but what are the differences between the hardware on the ones that work "run" and the one you say won't?  Is it possible anything newer than Indian Summer is just not compatible on the effected hardware of this machine? I'm still learning linux "Siduction" and just trying to make some sense out of this thread as nothing is said about the actual hardware involved in the first place!!
« Last post by piper on Today at 14:42:51 »
@michaa7

The only thing I can think of at the moment is BIO's settings, my stick on this box (main box) is treated like a normal hard drive and you choose hard drive (F12) and will list all drives.

« Last post by michaa7 on Today at 12:19:14 »
Here I was thinking he wanted grub2-fll-fromiso to boot "from iso" on the hard drive.

As I now more or less by accident read the answers above I like to answer in english so you (Piper) may get an idea about what has been the problem (and what's not):

- I knew how to write isos to usb
- the isos I wrote to three different sticks worked fine - on other HW, but not on thisone here
- the only iso getting to boot successfully here was an old indiansummer.iso
- with it I could repair (by first repairing grub2) my system

- I can acccept that there maybe is not much to do about it (the fact that current isos won't boot on this specific piece of HW although they work fine with other HW), but most given answers seem to refuse to acknowledge it as a problem and insist in solving not existing problems.

Unfortunatly the same people who blame me for "not being able to read" are not willing to do so.

@melmarker:
Danke, habe es schon soweit erstmal angepasst, sehe mir die Möglichkeiten aber auch nochmal genauer an.
Grüße
Reiner
dat schicke is: da gibbet nich viel zu konfigurieren - an Deiner Stelle würd ich mal nen aktuelles iso nehmen und da in /etc/systemd/journal.conf.d nachschauen. So würde die Konfiguration aussehen, wenn man sein System relativ gut am Laufen hat und hinter eigentlich nix hinterhersuchen will.
Die installation ist mit Systemd, rsyslog hatte ich aus alter Gewohnheit mit installiert.
Ich ließ da auch einiges nach /dev/tty12 protokollieren.
Werde ich jetzt rausnehmen und mir die Konfiguration mit journald zu Gemüte führen.
Grüße
Reiner
och, verpennt hast Du nix, wenn das eine Installation ohne systemd ist - in diesem möglichen Fall nur, uns das auch mitzuteilen - wenn das keine eine Installation mit systemd ist, dann würde ich rsyslog so schnell wie möglich löschen und schauen, dass ich journald entsprechend konfiguriert bekomme. Hat dann zumindest den Vorteil, dass das nicht mehr vollläuft 8)
Warum "Hä" ?
Habe ich da was verpennt? rsyslog schreibt doch da rein?Aber allerdings anscheinen nochmal dasselbe nach user.log.

Grüße
Reiner
Hi Reiner,
die Idee mit dem Bugreport ist schon gut - aber erst, nachdem man die eigene Installation so weit wie möglich gesäubert hat - und da fällt mir als erstes die Frage von @absolut ins Auge: Hä, syslog?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10