BUGS > 2022.1 Masters of War

[EN] Hello, and here's a Nala bug.

(1/12) > >>

WetGeek:
Hello, I'm a retired software engineer in the US Pacific Northwest, where it's been said to rain all the time.  Hence my nickname, and my domain name.  I'm a Solus OS user, and in our forum we have a number of threads entitled "Other Interesting Distros, Part x."  I recently reviewed Siduction there, in a VirttualBox VM, and was quite impressed.  In fact, I plan to install Siduction on a spare laptop and use it for a while as a daily-driver.

During my exploration I was impressed with Nala, but found one bit of misbehavior I thought I'd share here.  When I do an update using nala update followed by nala upgrade, the final step is to run dpkg.  Twice now, nala (or apt) has gotten stuck at that point.  I've waited about 5 minutes the first time, then killed the process.  I thought I might have been too impatient, so the second time I wated about 10 minutes.  The progress ikons on the left keep moving, but no progress occurs.  This is what it looks like at that point.  I can always use apt instead, but I like the output that nala creates.  Is there anything I can do differently to make this work better?

FT:
New user here, I installed this realese yesterday for fun on real hardware
I pressed some randoms keys and "Y" was good for me.
Not too techical anwer but got the job done on my laptop :-X
Happy 2023

WetGeek:
Thanks.  I'll give that a try.  Perhaps it's prompting for permission to continue, but I'm not seeing the prompt.

Since I posted that first bug report, I've now installed Siduction on a spare laptop, which is a duplicate of the one I use on a daily basis.  I'm answering you from there, this time.  I noticed that on hardware, an update and upgrade had the same problem as on the VM.

I think I'll try it again now, adding -y to the command.  I run the command from an update alias anyway, so I won't need to remember to do that.  That's probably what it's looking for.  Thanks again.

devil:
Hi WetGeek, 
hope it does not rain today :)
I have had the same issue happen to me twice during our tests, but none of the other devs could reproduce it. For me, it happened when packages, that needed a confirmation of their conf file (new conf coming in), were processed, just before the confirmation came up. After killing it, apt did the job just fine. I openend up an issue today: https://gitlab.com/volian/nala/-/issues/211

FT: Have not tried that, will do next time it does hang.

Happy New Year!

edlin:
Yes, it are the dialogs that should be displayed for confirmation that remain invisible.
And I don't like to give a signature blindfolded. At least the confirmation suggestion (Y or N) is usually a good choice, so you can confirm with ENTER. But I don't like it any more than a hard abort of the upgrade.

edlin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version