Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Is this really a free speech forum?  (Read 6323 times)

geklmintendont

[EN] Is this really a free speech forum?
« on: 2018/11/03, 19:37:18 »
What are your limits? is "hate speech" banned? You should rename the forum if so since banning "hate speech" is definitely not free speech.
I understand many of you live in the german police state where questioning some things can get you arrested, but that need not affect the siduction forums. Come on!
Posted from buster sidplease don't ban me

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: Is this really a free speech forum?
« Reply #1 on: 2018/11/03, 21:17:45 »
We usualy do not discuss politics here and hate speech is definitely not allowed! Tread lightly, my friend.

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2018/11/05, 14:39:05 »
...the german police state where questioning some things can get you arrested
;D ;D ;D

You would be surprised how free we are compared to your country, if you would only travel a bit and learn about the world instead of listening to propaganda!

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #3 on: 2018/11/05, 15:02:04 »
@geklmintendont

You must be pretty young and have not traveled outside the USA

The USA is one of the only countries that gives drug tests, credit checks, background checks, before you can pee in your household toilet, and a job.

A lot countries don't do this because it is invasion of privacy and against the law.

I can go on and on about this, use you favourite  search engine to see about your rights, privacy, and other things in the USA compared to "other" countries.

Depending where you live in the USA "hate speech" or anything "hate" can land you in jail, if you watch any news outlet, you would know this.

By the way, I live in the USA, this post to me, automatically reminds me of trolls, nothing more, nothing less.

I really miss the 60's & 70's, although not perfect, but 100000000 times better than now.

I have 5 kids, 12 grandchildren, 2 kids and 5 grandchildren live in the USA, my wife is not from the USA, wages, healthcare, privacy, free speech, life in general is better outside the "box"

This post has nothing to do with siduction and is my opinion and traveling to the UK and other places in the EU many times a year.

End of Rant

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2018/11/05, 15:44:57 »
The starting question and the answers are themselves a perfect example what this forum subsection is about.
Generally, this forum is about the linux distribution siduction, meaning threads about this distribution, technical support, and such. Many other forums do not want certain stuff unrelated to their core focus to be discussed, so for example non-free software chitchat is not allowed in certain GNU Free Software fora, Ubuntu-Talk not liked very much in certain Debian fora, and so on.
In this forum section, you can talk about all this and more - the sub-headline reads "The world outside siduction". It is an off-topic section, there is even not a constraint that it has to be linux stuff at all.
So-called hate speech, that can mean a lot. You can often see Microsoft bashing in Linux communities, KDE bashing in gnome-centric communities, and hate speech can be that kind of thing. Of course you can do this here - but do you want to do it? People who use a certain language often disqualify themselves and appear as uneducated, immoral, barbaric idiots. And there is no need to say that free speech has natural limitations on respectful behavior towards each other.  my 2 ct
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2018/11/05, 16:39:44 »
There are 12 pages of previous posts on this forum, on the English side only.  The question could have been answered with a review of all of that.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2018/11/05, 19:04:31 »
One way to limit the word free and freedom is that when my freedom is nagging on somebody else freedom then my limit is reached and I have to step back.
Freedom can't be a reality without responsibility.

Excuse me for not putting the words really right, this is not my language but probably you understand what I want to say.

Offline tommy2

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2018/11/06, 17:50:02 »
@vilde, you did great if my German was half as good as your English I would be happy!  :)

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2018/11/08, 21:34:44 »
@vilde, you did great if my German was half as good as your English I would be happy!  :)
Thanks, but you know my German is  completely useless ;)