Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [Xfce] Windows key shortcut no longer opens Applications menu for several weeks  (Read 2731 times)

Offline bullgard4

• User
[Xfce4.14]Since about upgrading to bullseye/sid and Xfce4.14, pressing the Windows key no longer opens the Applications menu.
Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts for Applications still contains the entry line
'Command=xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu    KeyboardShortcut=Super L '.
I can qualify my "no longer opens" a bit:
Just after computer boot-up pressing the Window key will open the Applications menu.
After having done some operations on any Xfce4.14 workspace, pressing the Window key will show no reaction.
I need to place the cursor to the Xfce panel's Applications icon and press the left-hand mouse key. The hard disk lamp will show activity, and the Applications menu will unfold.I call this a regression after the Xfce upgrade to version 4.14.
« Last Edit: 2020/01/14, 16:32:11 by bullgard4 »

Offline vilde

• User
If it is the xfdesktop-menu you want it's on Ctrl+Escape. It can be added/changed in the keyboard settings under settings.

Offline bullgard4

• User
 Ctrl+Esc opens the desktop context menu  and not the Applications menu. This is so in Xfce4 Debian stable likewise for a long time yet.

Offline vilde

• User

Offline bullgard4

• User
Yes it is. So a Xfce developer finally has got the same bug as mine.I can keep m fingers crossed and see how the matter proceeds.Thank you.