Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [FIXED] wvdial dies after du of libwvstreams4.6-base  (Read 3596 times)

Offline horo

• User
Hi,

after yesterdays du my wvdial dies with error:
Code: [Select]
--> Modem initialized.
wvdial: utils/wvtask.cc:409: static void WvTaskMan::_stackmaster(): Assertion `magic_number == -0x123678' failed.

Downgrade from libwvstreams4.6-base_4.6.1-4_i386.deb to libwvstreams4.6-base_4.6.1-3_i386.deb solves the problem (I'm just online with my O2 surfstick). The old lib is located in /var/cache/apt/archives if you didn't cleared it with apt-get clean or autoclean ;).

Ciao, Martin

Nach dem gestrigen du geht wvdial nicht mehr, Fehlermeldung siehe oben. Downgrade der Lib libwvstreams4.6-base_4.6.1-4_i386.deb auf die vorige Version libwvstreams4.6-base_4.6.1-3_i386.deb (aus /var/lib/apt/archives) löst das Problem.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=674006
omnia vincit pecunia :(

Offline ReinerS

• User
[FIXED] wvdial dies after du of libwvstreams4.6-base
« Reply #1 on: 2012/05/21, 20:51:18 »
I guess Ihave caught the same problem on an remote Laptop. I have replaced the mentioned libs but the problem stays. I guess the box has to be rebooted to activate those changes?

regards

Reiner

EDIT
As I already mentioned above a new reboot seems to do the trick. At least I haven't found another way to get it to work again. By the way this happened here on an amd64-architecture.
slackware => SuSE => kanotix => sidux => aptosid  => siduction