Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] sddm login screen flashes and disappears before i can enter anything  (Read 2152 times)

Offline mdmarmer

• User
[EN] Re: sddm login screen flashes and disappears before i can enter anything
« Reply #15 on: 2024/02/23, 17:53:28 »
The workaround fixes the problem on my system.  I did a fresh install from the latest lxqt testbuild, and did d-u right after installation.  My graphics card is AMD R7-200 (HD8670 RS340X).  This is an older Dell desktop with i5-4590 processor.

Offline RanSong

• User
The note from the bugreport has solved the problem for the time being.

I create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-radeonenvrac.conf
with in it:

Section "Device"
     Identifier "radeaonenvrac"
     Driver "radeon"
     Option "Accel" "no"
EndSection

It really only seems to be a temporary solution, let's hope that the bug will be solved for good.

I would like to thank everyone who sacrificed their free time to fix this bug.

RanSong

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
It would be interesting if this bug hits also a Wayland Session!

Offline RanSong

• User
Even when I start "Plama Wayland", the start screen animation appears briefly. An error message is displayed very briefly and then it is black.
Error message: 'ksplashqml was terminated unexpectedly'

Offline mdmarmer

• User
According to the package maintainer, the bug is fixed in mesa (libgl1-mesa-dri and others) version 24.0.3-1 which is in sid as of 15 Mar 2024.  I have not tested it yet. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1064123#59

Nach Angaben des Paketbetreuers ist der Fehler in der Mesa-Version (libgl1-mesa-dri und andere) 24.0.3-1 behoben, die sich seit dem 15. März 2024 in Sid befindet. Ich habe ihn noch nicht getestet. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1064123#59
« Last Edit: 2024/03/17, 01:35:35 by mdmarmer »

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
I can confirm that.

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
I have the newer version of libgl1-mesa-dri and libglx-mesa0 and am still getting a blank login screen except for the boxes used to enter the username and password. I can enter the username and password carefully into the boxes, but, cannot see what I am typing. If I type them both correctly lxQT comes up and the OS runs fine. This is on my old Asus EEEpc that's been running siduction lxQT for many years.
Linux Counter number 348347