Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] [Solved] libqt5webview5 version 5.15.10-2 not installable breaks plasma-discover  (Read 2550 times)

Offline knappe

Hi,

libqt5webview5 still depends on qtwebengine-abi-5-15-14 which is provided by virtual package libqt5webenginecore5. qtwebengine-abi-5-15-14 can't be installed anymore though because libqt5webenginecore5 was updated to version 5.15.15. This breaks eg. plasma-discover because this package depends on libqt5webview5.

Have a nice day
knappe
« Last Edit: 2023/09/14, 09:32:25 by knappe »

Offline edlin

• User
From my point of view, I consider it a stroke of luck. Who actually uses Plasma-Discover? To me it feels like an online shop with recommendations and useless reviews. And I've had packages recommended to me that I've had on my computer for years.

edlin
Der Kluge lernt aus allem und von jedem,
der Normale aus seinen Erfahrungen
und der Dumme weiß alles besser.

Sokrates

Offline knappe

Well I for example use it to manage my flatpaks. i don't see any problem with it and it feels like a native way to do it in kde. Besides that this update will break every application that depends on libqt5webview5. Discover was just an example. Maybe I shouldn't have put it so prominently into the title of the thread.

Offline ghstryder

• User
Looks like it was updated, nothing to be removed now.

Summary                                                                                                                                                       
====================================================================================================
 Install  2 Packages                                                                                                                                           
 Upgrade 42 Packages                                                                                                                                           

Total download size  191.8 MB   
 Disk space required  324.0 MB   

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Offline knappe

I can confirm that this is working again.