Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  change of volume via keyboard not possible  (Read 1680 times)

Offline cas

• User
change of volume via keyboard not possible
« on: 2016/07/20, 10:59:53 »
Hallo,
I was impatient and accepted removal of
Code: [Select]
kdepim-kresources libeventviews4 libkolab0v5 libksieveui4 libmessagelist4 libnoteshared4 during DU, as I dont use kdepim.

My Problem:
The buttons on my keyboard  to change volume or mute dont work anymore.
I can change volume though via paucontrol or via miniprogram in "the right lower corner".

===
Die Knöpfe auf meiner Tastatur zum Stummschalten oder zur Lautstärkeveränderung arbeiten nach DU nicht mehr. Das geht nur noch via pavucontrol oder Miniprogramm in der "Systemecke" rechts unten (wie auch immer das heißt).

Gruß, C

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: change of volume via keyboard not possible
« Reply #1 on: 2016/07/20, 11:42:05 »
I have not seen anything being removed here lately. But even if, the packages you mention hardly have anything to do with keyboard support as far as I can see. I would look for packages that got installed with that update, that could be related. That said, on my Cherry MX keyboard it still works fine.

greetz
devil

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: 2016/07/20, 15:00:00 »
This keyboard's volume keys are working correctly with a fully updated plasma5 desktop:

don@Hibiscus:/$ lsusb | grep Ergonomic
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 045e:00db Microsoft Corp. Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 V1.0
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline cas

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/07/20, 23:00:16 »
The problem again is related to my external graphicscard.

The buttons work (also seeing a increasing and decreasing bar on the screen), but they act on "internal audio". This was quite confusing.

I checked this with
lsusb | grep -i key
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:0402 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd Genius LuxeMate i200 Keyboard
and an old ps2-keyboard.

How can I make my buttons work on audio-output of my graphicscard instead of internal audio?

C

Offline cas

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2016/07/22, 01:50:40 »
In "the right lower corner" there is a properties-dialog. I played a little bit with it. Now it works again.

Confusingly I don't have the impression I changed anything actually.

C