Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] [Solved] Cinnamon Install Problems!  (Read 1937 times)

Offline rdr

[EN] [Solved] Cinnamon Install Problems!
« on: 2021/12/14, 09:59:43 »
Hi, I am trying to boot and install Siduction Cinnamon 202109171713 and first I used dd to put the ISO on the USB stick.
It booted fine, but when it came to showing the desktop it failed to show Cinnamon.  Instead I got a black screen on both monitors with a white cursor.  After some time, it came to what I think is the wallpaper, but there was no desktop controls (like a panel) and clicking the desktop (right/left) did nothing.

I checked the MD5 and sha256 and they matched the correct values.

I am trying to flash the ISO using BalenaEtcher now, but first time around it said that the verification failed.  Second time around, same thing: "Cannot read property 'message' of null" is the error the Etcher program is saying.  I'm going to try booting it now and will let you know if anything different happens.
« Last Edit: 2021/12/14, 12:58:02 by rdr »

Offline rdr

Re: Cinnamon Install Problems!
« Reply #1 on: 2021/12/14, 10:23:31 »
Update:  Even though BalenaEtcher said it couldn't verify it seems to have done a better job than dd.  It booted into the desktop but it's taking forever on "Remove some fll leftovers", I'm asking in the IRC about it.

I should have listened to the advice not to put your /home in the installer.... that's why it was doing all that crazy stuff and I had to edit permissions, but I'm up and running now.
« Last Edit: 2021/12/14, 12:59:02 by rdr »