Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  USB Live Installer on RC not working  (Read 8586 times)

mylo

USB Live Installer on RC not working
« on: 2013/12/25, 20:34:41 »
Hi all,

trying the USB Live Installer just provides me a shell window with the following message:

Code: [Select]
Warning: Could not find 'install-usb-gui.bash', starting '/bin/bash' instead.  Please check your profile settings.

root@siduction:/usr/share/sidu-base/backend#

So, it dos not really seem to work on my box.[/code]
« Last Edit: 2013/12/25, 20:37:43 by mylo »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: USB Live Installer on RC not working
« Reply #1 on: 2013/12/25, 20:49:49 »
I think the reason is simple - try this as root
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

mylo

« Reply #2 on: 2013/12/25, 20:53:37 »
Hi melmarker,

How can I do start the Live-Usb-Installer from the Live-CD (DVD) as root?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2013/12/25, 20:54:34 »
Should be a EDIT - but now that way:

I think the reason is simple - the gui is not installed, because relatively unmaintained. So we decided to put that gui away. One can install the gui with apt-get. If broken, bad luck - we accept patches, a new maintainer would be herby welcome.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

mylo

« Reply #4 on: 2013/12/25, 21:15:39 »
I'll go to check the fll-iso2usb here, as the Live-Installer does not come to work...even after install of "install-usb-gui".